Do people in leadership visit Brown Cafe?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Think about "good faith" negotiations. You cannot simply eliminate a strategy developed by the Company. There are certainly plenty of "programs of the month", but 22.4's have significant $ advantage tied to it. Any good negotiator knows it's about getting to Yes versus "our way or the highway", unless you're the Company, who really holds all the cards.
Workers say: "We'll strike to get what we want", but you can't have everything, so what are you really willing to strike for? There's plenty of Dead companies in the wake of strikes where union/management collectively destroyed the company and everyone lost. UPS has lots of $ and plenty of ideas.

If we walk, everybody and everyone will be affected.. just from the history of the “97” strike..we lead every news story from day one till it was over.

This one will be far more news worthy.. Feds will be involved and digging into everyone’s business.. Union and Company, start cooking the books and get that shredder fired up..

Closed shop scenario is folly, waste of time worrying about it. The Corporate elite will be serving time if that happens…it would destroy the country… every major collective bargaining will be involved because we are the biggest fish in the ocean, they are preparing and watching..

Another truth is that the operational management are dying to see a work stoppage.. they hate Corporate more than we do!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Heard said .. it was our side…🤔
1680222213508.png

qdg2

If we walk, everybody and everyone will be affected.. just from the history of the “97” strike..we lead every news story from day one till it was over.

This one will be far more news worthy.. Feds will be involved and digging into everyone’s business.. Union and Company, start cooking the books and get that shredder fired up..

Closed shop scenario is folly, waste of time worrying about it. The Corporate elite will be serving time if that happens…it would destroy the country… every major collective bargaining will be involved because we are the biggest fish in the ocean, they are preparing and watching..

Another truth is that the operational management are dying to see a work stoppage.. they hate Corporate more than we do!
If true(probably some), they(haters) are truly destroying their own careers. If 97 is a sign or a repeat.....mgt took it way worse up the caboose than we did. Although they didn't miss pay like we did.....I assume.

Truly glad I'm not there anymore.

AKCoverMan

On one of my space and vis rides, I mentioned something I had read on what I deliberately generically referred to as a "group"...

...he immediately said "Brown Cafe"?

I toned down my posts here after that. Keep it professional or humorous.

It's not too difficult to identify a co worker by post content.
LOL I just don’t post anything I would not say out loud to coworker in person. I’m pretty sure UPS already knows who I am. 😇

AKCoverMan

Think about "good faith" negotiations. You cannot simply eliminate a strategy developed by the Company. There are certainly plenty of "programs of the month", but 22.4's have significant $ advantage tied to it. Any good negotiator knows it's about getting to Yes versus "our way or the highway", unless you're the Company, who really holds all the cards.
Workers say: "We'll strike to get what we want", but you can't have everything, so what are you really willing to strike for? There's plenty of Dead companies in the wake of strikes where union/management collectively destroyed the company and everyone lost. UPS has lots of $ and plenty of ideas.
It sounds like you believe the company should impose whatever they want on us, and your ok with that?

AKCoverMan

22.4 was a way to create more permanent full time jobs instead of having various part time and/or temporary categories that did not earn full time pension and vacation credit. The big issues five years ago were full timers wanting to lock in Saturday and Sunday as “holy days” and of course the unending battle of too much forced OT.

It did create more FT jobs but also created many other problematic issues I need not repeat. I expect class to go away but at same time RPCD will have not contract right to Saturday and Sunday as regular days off…you‘ll need a little something called Seniority to get that.

DELACROIX

22.4 was a way to create more permanent full time jobs instead of having various part time and/or temporary categories that did not earn full time pension and vacation credit. The big issues five years ago were full timers wanting to lock in Saturday and Sunday as “holy days” and of course the unending battle of too much forced OT.

It did create more FT jobs but also created many other problematic issues I need not repeat. I expect class to go away but at same time RPCD will have not contract right to Saturday and Sunday as regular days off…you‘ll need a little something called Seniority to get that.

Before everyone freaks out and claims me a heretic. Why not have an annual bid similar to feeders for the package drivers, just clearly spell out the start times, route description and the work days, (Tuesday-Saturday) (Wednesday-Sunday) if necessary?

Problem Solved…Seniority Prevails

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Before everyone freaks out and claims me a heretic. Why not have an annual bid similar to feeders for the package drivers, just clearly spell out the routes and the work days, (Tuesday-Saturday) (Wednesday-Sunday) if necessary?

Perhaps……heretic

fxdwg

Long Time Member
It sounds like you believe the company should impose whatever they want on us, and your ok with that?
Not at all. I have just been around a long long time and I've seen every wish and want thrown out as "add this to the next contract" and all I'm saying is just focus on what you really need because all those wants won't be granted. What I'm saying isn't new or brilliant, I'm just thinking what's really going to happen.

Brownwind

Before everyone freaks out and claims me a heretic. Why not have an annual bid similar to feeders for the package drivers, just clearly spell out the start times, route description and the work days, (Tuesday-Saturday) (Wednesday-Sunday) if necessary?

Monday-Friday. SENIORITY PREVAILS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Because it would start with good intentions then ups would somehow bastardize it like they do everything else

Cementups

Box Monkey
I’ve been talked to by management about stuff that’s been posted on here, so yea.

And one of our old time members (who doesn’t come around much anymore STUG) actually lost his job because of content he posted. He did get his job back but had some time off

Brownwind

I’ve been talked to by management about stuff that’s been posted on here, so yea.

And one of our old time members (who doesn’t come around much anymore STUG) actually lost his job because of content he posted. He did get his job back but had some time off
Always protect your identity and don’t hurt the meal ticket.

DELACROIX

Due to the lack of banter on B/C’s management site about this Contract…the directives came down from Atlanta.

:flirtysmile3: