Do we deserve $32+/hour

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
1) Most people understand that 19 years is more than a decade ... it was over 3 decades. :angry:

2) People are pretty much the same now as it was 2 decades ago. :peaceful:

3) Probably but you don't have a well-worn cliche to utilize. :wink2:

4) My observations are not based on ad-hoc events in a limited, localized location ... yours are.:smart:

this coming from a corporate employee stating the company model is failing and corporate insiders are selling stock . make your mind up hoax

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No but I did pull him aside yesterday morning and discussed what had happened with him.

Get over yourself, seriously. Mind your own damn business and let the other drivers do whatever the hell they want. It's not your job to "correct" anyone else's behavior. It's your job to deliver and pickup, and be the best UptightNYUPser you can be.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Get over yourself, seriously. Mind your own damn business and let the other drivers do whatever the hell they want. It's not your job to "correct" anyone else's behavior. It's your job to deliver and pickup, and be the best UptightNYUPser you can be.

Seriously?!?! Like hell it's not his business. If it were me I'd be pissed. Not only for putting me in the position of possibly hitting the :censored2: but also putting me in the position of potentially losing my job over it.

Can you imagine how you would feel if you hit someone doing that? What a :censored2: statement.

In my opinion he was being a good UpstateNYer.

TUT

Seriously?!?! Like hell it's not his business. If it were me I'd be pissed. Not only for putting me in the position of possibly hitting the :censored2: but also putting me in the position of potentially losing my job over it.

Sounds like road rage.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Can you imagine how you would feel if you hit someone doing that? What a :censored2: statement.

In my opinion he was being a good UpstateNYer.

To pull another driver aside in the morning like a SUP to try to "mentor" him. If I see another driver on his cell phone, I might let him know that he shouldn't do that....but I'm for DAMN sure not going to read him the riot act over it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I understand the theory of crossing behind the truck but I don't believe it solves all the problem. One can just as easily be hit crossing behind the truck as in front of it. Either way, it boils down to the driver taking the time to stop, look and LISTEN to what is going on around them.

Yesterday was a light day so after I delivered an add/cut I ran off a moved. As I was leaving that stop and heading to start my pickups I came upon a pkg car parked on the side of the road. The driver had just completed the stop on the right side of the road and I assumed he was getting ready to drive to the next stop. I tooted the horn and began to pass him on the left when all of a sudden he darts out from in front of the package car to deliver the stop on the left hand side of the road. He also had a lit cigarette dangling from his mouth. I leaned out and told him that is why we are taught to cross behind the package car. His response was "oh well". I just shook my head and headed to my first pickup stop.

This is a pointless post...once again bringing nothing to the table.

Upstate was doing his job. He was being a good Teamster and trying to save his brother or sisters job! That's what a family does!!

U

uber

​I believe I quoted you. I was referring to your attitude about it. "I would have told you to mind your own business". I do .

My attitude about a wanna be supervisor confronting someone about what they deem unsafe? If it was someone like that Upstate guy, absolutely I'd tell him to mind his own business. If it was someone I respect than sure I'll listen.

U

uber

Were speaking purely in hypothetical's here.

But, if it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, well its........

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving a fellow newbie driver a heads-up or a couple tips. How they receive these tips should direct your intent of ever helping them out again. If they shrug you off because they feel like you are trying to be some boss man, then sch!t on em. They're on their own. If there is at least a little bit of honest acknowledgement or appreciation, then success, you have mentor'd a fellow driver.

I kinda have to go with what Hoax said....failing to correct or address something a fellow union member is doing that might be unsafe is generally irresponsible. In ANY company. If you refuse because "Herp derp, it's not muh job...derp", then you have been pitifully consumed by the cynicism that runs rampant throughout UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would of told you to mind your own business.

You are a 30 day wonder----it would be in your best interest to pick the brains of those who have been here for a while.

I didn't pull him aside to lecture him----we talked about what had happened and he agreed that he shouldn't have crossed in front of the pkg car.

I have been asked to mentor several new hires during Peak---there must be a reason I am asked.