do you think hoffa and hall is selling us out?

the unions are losing a lot of money due to the arbitration for dishonesty.

• yes

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • no

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Hoffa / Hall team is losing this battle on all fronts. They appear to be desperate to agree to anything that ends the negotiations regardless of the outcome.

We got screwed in the last contract, and I was clear about that at the time. My concerns then, are the alledged concerns now for Hoffa / Hall team, yet the continue to fail to prevail in these negotiations.

Peace

TOS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The Hoffa / Hall team is losing this battle on all fronts. They appear to be desperate to agree to anything that ends the negotiations regardless of the outcome.

We got screwed in the last contract, and I was clear about that at the time. My concerns then, are the alledged concerns now for Hoffa / Hall team, yet the continue to fail to prevail in these negotiations.

Peace

TOS

I was wondering why I am suffering so with a 88K income and free healthcare and nights and weekends off. Horrible!

A

anonymous6

i am not a big hoffa/hall fan but my family must trust that they are doing the best they can. we can't expect them to"win" these negotiations. it MUST be a win-win situation for everyone.

whatever the outcome it is impossible for everyone to be happy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You know we are the last bastion of organized labor with any clout . We are not the UAW, our job's cannot go overseas,we do not work for Sarah Lee "our cakes are made offshore",we are not teachers paid by the tax payers , we are not construction people "pick up your pay we are laying you off". So far our leadership has done well in the anti union right to work environment we live in.We need to stay the course and see what they come back with and then speak with our individual votes. If the turnout is poor who do we blame then ? Hall, Hoffa, Obrien ?

Brokedownandbrown

IBT is like the government, wasting money, abusing power, and not representing the people that pay them. Both group of PIGS that laugh in your face while tossing money into the crapper. Hall and Hoffa are more like Davis and Eskew than they are to You and Me.

Around the first of June tentative contract agreement made and pushed by both sides as a fair deal. Weak language in contract has always been the down fall in our contracts. Can we get a contract lawyer to over look the wording before the final draft, thats right, Hoffa is a Lawyer.

stink219

IBT is like the government, wasting money, abusing power, and not representing the people that pay them. Both group of PIGS that laugh in your face while tossing money into the crapper. Hall and Hoffa are more like Davis and Eskew than they are to You and Me.

Around the first of June tentative contract agreement made and pushed by both sides as a fair deal. Weak language in contract has always been the down fall in our contracts. Can we get a contract lawyer to over look the wording before the final draft, thats right, Hoffa is a Lawyer.
There are labor lawyers involved in the language construction and intent of language.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

:knockedout: :knockedout: :knockedout:

UPS drivers earn $32+/hour, no-cost benefits that rank among the best of any employee group in the country, up to 9 weeks paid time off (including holidays & sick days) and one of the most generous pensions in the country. Over the past two contracts, the IBT has negotiated a $17.75/hour wage & benefit hike -- including over $9 in direct wages. That translates into more than $20,000/year in additional income without any benefit contribution or dilution. This places UPS drivers into the top 15% of all wage earns, and top 10% in total compensation, in the country. Meanwhile, most American's total compensation package has decreased over this time frame. ... And our union is weak?

I don't understand... UPS is a publicly traded company burdened by high labor costs, which has lead to concern on Wall Street. NOBODY should be surprised that UPS is asking for us to contribute toward health care. What did you expect ... for Scott Davis to bow toward Hoffa & Hall, offering to provide whatever they asked for??????? It's not going to happen. But they're still negotiating economics.

Before &@&! and whining about the union selling us out... why don't you wait and see what's negotiated rather than @$I@! and whining about something that's nonexistent?

yeldarb

A ups drivers total benefit per hour is over 49.00 an hour. I feel we deserve that with the profits we have. However, if ups goes public about our threat to strike, the public will have no sympathy when they find out our complete package. The union needs to play the card carefully, IMO.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
:knockedout: :knockedout: :knockedout:

Before &@&! and whining about the union selling us out... why don't you wait and see what's negotiated rather than @$I@! and whining about something that's nonexistent?

Because they are UPS Drivers who whine about everything. :wink2:

Now the part-timers really do have something to whine about.