Do you use your no call/no show every year?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What an idiot. Lol
He was a pathological liar. I mean the :censored2: he came up with wasn't even somewhat believable.

We worked at an emergency brake factory together. I worked at ups after it. After a couple months it was just too much. 4pm to 9am every day was wearing on me. So I quit.

2 days later he quits and applies at ups.

Dr.Brownz

The unfortunate part of being salary means having to do stuff like that even when you’re off.

LOL how many bright eyed new sups have my boys and I said that to only to get a naive response about how "we can get OT pay if we file the paperwork" yeah like upper management isn't just going to pressure to never do that. Only a fool would take a paycut for more responsibility

dudebro

Because it's his day off? I wouldn't have either.
No offense, but different standard for a sup. You’re supposed to care like it’s your branch of the company.

I know anyone here can come back with an anecdote on how mgmt person A didn’t act right, but that’s not the standard for the job.

over9five

Staff member
No offense, but different standard for a sup. You’re supposed to care like it’s your branch of the company.

I know anyone here can come back with an anecdote on how mgmt person A didn’t act right, but that’s not the standard for the job.
The sup had already answered the text telling the worker what to do. He was supposed to book off for him too?

BiggieBrown

The sup had already answered the text telling the worker what to do. He was supposed to book off for him too?

Apparently he was, just as a follow-up to that story.
I got a talking-to last night by one of the full-time managers but it wasn't very serious he was kind of joking about it saying that next time I need to call the hub, but then my PT sup walked by and he actually ended up getting the worse of it, with the full time sup saying it was mostly on him and that he should have passed the word.
I don't know if even I agree with that but whatever. I bet he's regretting that I have his phone number now.
Actually I think the only reason I got off so light is because I come in and cover shifts on pre-load like 2 or 3 times a week. So I think they're afraid of chewing me out too much. If it wasn't for that I'm sure it would have been worse. Looks like picking up shifts has its uses after all (because the money sure as hell doesn't make it worth it)

I'm a millennial btw.
Not sure if that matters.

Last edited: