does a bid mean anything for an air driver ?

air driver

I have been an bid EAM Air Driver for several years, and a saturday air driver for over five years.. I loved the job, til recently.... The new full time supervisor told me to report to the preload shift inside because he replaced my job.... can they do that?
thought they could replace pt bid jobs with a combo job once they were vacated, i didn't vacate it... please advise.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I have been an bid EAM Air Driver for several years, and a saturday air driver for over five years.. I loved the job, til recently.... The new full time supervisor told me to report to the preload shift inside because he replaced my job.... can they do that?
thought they could replace pt bid jobs with a combo job once they were vacated, i didn't vacate it... please advise.

Article 22.3 doesn’t say it has to be vacated

"This commitment shall include the obligation to create at least
twenty-three hundred and fifty (2350) new full-time jobs from
existing part-time jobs"

brown_trousers

I believe they would have to make it official with the union to dissolve a bidded job

BigBrown1234

They tried that with my job too but failed. It’s clear as day in the contract.

Shuttle work currently being performed by part-time air drivers shall be converted to full-time air driver work when the driver vacates the job except when there is not enough work available to create a full-time job.
65403BCE-AA4D-4BD0-A092-F32D3ACC0B60.png

brown_trousers

Shuttle work currently being performed by part-time air drivers shall be converted to full-time air driver work when the driver vacates the job except when there is not enough work available to create a full-time job.View attachment 186332
That works if you are a shuttle driver. But what about EAM driving? I dont think that would be categorized as shuttle work

542thruNthru

EAMs is not bid here. It goes by building seniority. Did you sign a "bid" sheet for a certain run or did you just become a Air Driver and started running EAMs?

Sorry if I'm wrong. Everywhere is different so I'm just curious.

BigBrown1234

article 40 does

Also, nowhere does it say the new jobs need to be created out of air/shuttle work.
They can use two warehouse positions. But the full timers that filed against your job don’t want to work in the warehouse. They want easy shuttle work.
I know because that is what I went through.
The full time drivers went behind my back and filed to make my position full time. (A different driver will file at least once a year demanding to see my bid) Not even taking into consideration that Iv been doing this position for 20years and have made a living and life for my family and myself around this position. (Filing drivers always have less company seniority than myself)
Thank God the company labor manager has known me for 20 years and was my original sup knowing Iv always done this job, the company has refused to change my position until I vacate per the contractual language.
Unfortunately my enemy has been none other than my teamster brothers and sisters selfish actions.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Shuttle work currently being performed by part-time air drivers shall be converted to full-time air driver work when the driver vacates the job except when there is not enough work available to create a full-time job.View attachment 186332

article 40 does
It says when you vacate the position that it will be converted to a full time job. Not that it can't be made into a full time combo job