Does anyone put a full set of chains on anymore?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
CsrhA4bWIAAAiXf.jpg

Just got a set of these we are trying out. Can put them on in about 2-3 minutes

8000Shelf

Im not talking about the skip/cheater chains but the full set.

Most drivers only throw the quick 1’s on when they are stuck, which is what i used to do.

On rural routes during snowstorms the 10-15 minutes it takes to put them on takes all the stress of the day away and it just feels like any other day. You can go almost anywhere with them. Its not that im trying to be a hero or anything, but it just takes the edge off.

Thoughts? Some mountain passes and certain areas it’s mandatory if im not mistaken...
Chain most the time during the winter. Don't have a choice most days if l want to deliver literally anything. Like you're saying, once they're on it's almost like 4x4.
It helps to carry an extra raincoat/gloves to put on while chaining up. keeps the uniform dry

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Im not talking about the skip/cheater chains but the full set.

Most drivers only throw the quick 1’s on when they are stuck, which is what i used to do.

On rural routes during snowstorms the 10-15 minutes it takes to put them on takes all the stress of the day away and it just feels like any other day. You can go almost anywhere with them. Its not that im trying to be a hero or anything, but it just takes the edge off.

Thoughts? Some mountain passes and certain areas it’s mandatory if im not mistaken...

@RonBurgandy?????????? Wears 3 chains daily. :)

Johney

Do you really think that I will miss this place when I move on to the next phase in my life?
You'll never leave this place don't kid yourself. You get more attention here even being called an :censored2: then you get anywhere else.Different screen name(maybe)but you aren't going anywhere.

DriverNerd

Too light and you can't rock them.

I don't have a problem with not having enough weight (most of the day I have at least 200 pieces in the back), but rocking got me out of a lot of jams in my old truck. Combine shift inhibit with how easy they spin the tires (no separate winter tires like the old trucks) and they do indeed suck.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Got a new 6300 last yr. It is surprisingly great in the snow. With the latest storm and plunge in temperature. It doesn't turn off either. Where I deliver I have no cell or diad reception. So if I get stuck. There is no one to call. So I tie it to trees or walk them off. Plus mailbox stuff. About 15 a day.

I don't have a problem with not having enough weight (most of the day I have at least 200 pieces in the back), but rocking got me out of a lot of jams in my old truck. Combine shift inhibit with how easy they spin the tires (no separate winter tires like the old trucks) and they do indeed suck.
That's why I keep my old truck.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You'll never leave this place don't kid yourself. You get more attention here even being called an :censored2: then you get anywhere else.Different screen name(maybe)but you aren't going anywhere.
He will leave, but will watch the forums like a hawk. After a while he will be overtaken by the need to impart his wisdom on everyone. Just don't ever question him or comment on any of HIS choices. Only he is allowed to do that with everyone else. Lol.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

The day after he retires he will come back with a new account pretending to be management