Doesn’t make sense to have a contract

NI1

When this company will do its best to not follow it to begin with?

What’s the use of a union when it seems like they make deals all the time contrary to the contract.

For example:

January 15 is the ‘end of peak’ and why in the world our local agreed that start of 9.5 is the 21st? And my shop steward said ‘it has been agreed’

Also, they are already meeting with some 95ers and intimidating them into getting off the list.

25 years with this company and I thought I won’t be surprised anymore. Maybe I been giving them the benefit of the doubt. But I just can’t believe how it’s much more different now than when I first started.

Why have a contract when they don’t want to follow them anyway?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

What’s the use of a union when it seems like they make deals all the time contrary to the contract.

For example:

January 15 is the ‘end of peak’ and why in the world our local agreed that start of 9.5 is the 21st? And my shop steward said ‘it has been agreed’

Also, they are already meeting with some 95ers and intimidating them into getting off the list.

25 years with this company and I thought I won’t be surprised anymore. Maybe I been giving them the benefit of the doubt. But I just can’t believe how it’s much more different now than when I first started.

What do you think UPS would do to us all if there was no contract at all?

Our job is to file grievances when they try to break the contract, just like they will write us up for failure to keep our obligations.

You think drivers would be making 36 bucks an hour without a contract?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

For example:

Where I am the "end of Peak" is January 18th this year (the Friday of the second full week of January) and 9.5 protection has been back in play since January 1st.

Also, where I am the Local can extend Peak season (per Supplemental language), but has no contractual onus to usurp the 9.5 language in the Master.....and in my opinion any attempt to do so is a violation of Article 2 of the National Master.

542thruNthru

For example:

With no contract there would be no 9.5 at all.

NI1

Where I am the "end of Peak" is January 18th this year (the Friday of the second full week of January) and 9.5 protection has been back in play since January 1st.

Also, where I am the Local can extend Peak season (per Supplemental language), but has no contractual onus to usurp the 9.5 language in the Master.....and in my opinion any attempt to do so is a violation of Article 2 of the National Master.

where I am 9.5 starts on the 21st. doesnt make sense at all

542thruNthru

Iv heard you moan a few times.

You wish!
giphy-31.gif

sandwich

The resident gearhead

For example:

If you dont like what's happening. Why not run to be a steward. Try to change things.

That's what I did.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

For example:

I'm guessing....

You work in a "right to work" state, and the members of your Local don't vote.

Delivery!!!

For example:

You guys are being intimidated to get off the list so they can work you over 9.5, meanwhile I'm being instructed to EC stops just to stay under 9.5 when I'm not even on the list. This company is ridiculous. When do customers start complaining about this BS ECing of packages?

542thruNthru

You guys are being intimidated to get off the list so they can work you over 9.5, meanwhile I'm being instructed to EC stops just to stay under 9.5 when I'm not even on the list. This company is ridiculous. When do customers start complaining about this BS ECing of packages?

Don't not EC anything! Don't get blamed for some BS falsification. Bring back stops and they can EC.