Don't Leave The Union....

Superteeth2478

it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing! I am not kidding the vote no guys are passionate but the most uniformed stupid people I have seen in my career at UPS. You want new leadership but can not even demonstrate any amongst yourselves. They are really all a bunch of anarchists thinking they are an activists!
I concede defeat. You've won. The contract has been imposed. I was wrong about the constitutional language regarding the final offer. But you sound like an idiot when you say "cutting of (sic) their nose despite their face". The saying is "to cut off your nose to spite your face". Idiot. And yes, I have anger issues. You're still a sellout.

The Range

In too deep
it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing! I am not kidding the vote no guys are passionate but the most uniformed stupid people I have seen in my career at UPS. You want new leadership but can not even demonstrate any amongst yourselves. They are really all a bunch of anarchists thinking they are an activists!

The expression is "cut off your nose to spite the face", you substandard-iq :censored2:.

542thruNthru

I concede defeat. You've won. The contract has been imposed. I was wrong about the constitutional language regarding the final offer. But you sound like an idiot when you say "cutting of (sic) their nose despite their face". The saying is "to cut off your nose to spite your face". Idiot. And yes, I have anger issues. You're still a sellout.

Hey brother, keep your head up. You're more informed now. Lagunabrown is a well informed member and now so are you. As a steward that's his job. Was he a against you, yes but now you're more prepared for next time. Get involved my brother like he has. I kn ow now you'll be more prepared and knowledgeable about the contract and Constitution. You are a new steward, inform your members! It's a hard job but accep the challenge and now it's your job.

A

Article 3

If only you and your brothers Tony Q and Mugarola would tell the whole truth. You think you're some union wizzard, spouting your half truths on here, hoping no one will look past your lies and false statements to see the truth of what is happening to the Teamsters Union as far as UPSers are concerned.

Your brother Tony Q gloated that Local 89 turned out a minority membership vote ("20%"), I suppose likening that to Fred's leadership. Mugarola blamed uncaring and apathetic members.

I blame the Teamster leadership.

Not only did they offer the company the concessionary 22.4 driving classification (is it true that Andy M, who I read was busted for embezzlement, proposed this and was at negotiations a couple months ago?!) but how they treated certain locals during the 2013 contract abortion spawned the apathetic disease that is plaguing locals like 89 who voted in phenomenally high percentages during the last CBA negotiations.

You keep blowing your mouth off on here for all you're worth. Your credibility is visibly and apparently weak. Read the vote count. The Nos won by actually a landslide considering the 20%+ pay increase thousands of part timers would receive and the quantity of discount driving jobs the company minions proposed. Still, the members shot it down.

Thank God for members that vote by their conscience and not by blind allegiance to people who have never done our jobs and think that we are their welfare dependents.

The thing you and your ibt buddies should fear during the next five years is a national Right To Work law becoming a viable option because anger, not apathy, will settle the score on this union's "leadership".

Then, the membership will have their last, worst, and final vote counted and as it stands today will see unbridled vengence come to pass.

LagunaBrown

If only you and your brothers Tony Q and Mugarola would tell the whole truth. You think you're some union wizzard, spouting your half truths on here, hoping no one will look past your lies and false statements to see the truth of what is happening to the Teamsters Union as far as UPSers are concerned.

Your brother Tony Q gloated that Local 89 turned out a minority membership vote ("20%"), I suppose likening that to Fred's leadership. Mugarola blamed uncaring and apathetic members.

I blame the Teamster leadership.

Not only did they offer the company the concessionary 22.4 driving classification (is it true that Andy M, who I read was busted for embezzlement, proposed this and was at negotiations a couple months ago?!) but how they treated certain locals during the 2013 contract abortion spawned the apathetic disease that is plaguing locals like 89 who voted in phenomenally high percentages during the last CBA negotiations.

You keep blowing your mouth off on here for all you're worth. Your credibility is visibly and apparently weak. Read the vote count. The Nos won by actually a landslide considering the 20%+ pay increase thousands of part timers would receive and the quantity of discount driving jobs the company minions proposed. Still, the members shot it down.

Thank God for members that vote by their conscience and not by blind allegiance to people who have never done our jobs and think that we are their welfare dependents.

The thing you and your ibt buddies should fear during the next five years is a national Right To Work law becoming a viable option because anger, not apathy, will settle the score on this union's "leadership".

Then, the membership will have their last, worst, and final vote counted and as it stands today will see unbridled vengence come to pass.
You are a classic example of some TDU goofball that doesn’t know :censored2:.

First off Fred Z did have low turnout and he just put his Local in the same situation as last contract. He made promises he couldn’t keep and hurt his members by getting less. Why is he about to do it again?

You make accusations about Andy M having embezzlement charges?? Then show proof he was arrested! Did he go to jail? We all know it’s a smear campaign and you say so don’t have credibility. Ha!

I made a thread saying that there was gonna be a low turnout and the contract would be passed but all you vote no guys talked :censored2: and said it wouldn’t happen. You guys even said you known about that for years. Now that it actually happens you act like you got hosed? What a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks that didn’t get their way due to a rule that has been in existence for 30 years! Cry me a river! You want to act like leaders but you dummies don’t even know the contract now blame others and want to withdraw from the union. What a bunch of :bsbullf:

LagunaBrown

I didn’t “win”, you don’t get hat I just wanted you guys to understand the contract better but you refused to listen and made it about yes vs no votes or a battle on character. As far as my English I willl concede to you. You are better than I but use it as an analogy. You care more about the grammar than the point I have been trying to make. I am no sellout and I am not the enemy, the company is. Like @542thruNthru said use all of this and become better. You make not like what I say but the members need to know the truth. I can’t read some of this nonsense and not speak up. If you as a steward good luck on your journey. It is truly a thanklesss job.

A

Article 3

You are a classic example of some TDU goofball that doesn’t know :censored2:.

First off Fred Z did have low turnout and he just put his Local in the same situation as last contract. He made promises he couldn’t keep and hurt his members by getting less. Why is he about to do it again?

You make accusations about Andy M having embezzlement charges?? Then show proof he was arrested! Did he go to jail? We all know it’s a smear campaign and you say so don’t have credibility. Ha!

I made a thread saying that there was gonna be a low turnout and the contract would be passed but all you vote no guys talked :censored2: and said it wouldn’t happen. You guys even said you known about that for years. Now that it actually happens you act like you got hosed? What a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks that didn’t get their way due to a rule that has been in existence for 30 years! Cry me a river! You want to act like leaders but you dummies don’t even know the contract now blame others and want to withdraw from the union. What a bunch of :bsbullf:
Bothered your (weak) conscience boy?

Everyone's tdu except you meester bootlickers. Blah blah blah.

You're too dumb to be a steward. Comprehension is a must for leadership and you've proven you can not comprehend what I posted.

Bullying members precipitates two things:
Apathy and Anger.

There, I condensed it for your third grade comprehension.

Continue with your lying because not only are your statements one sided "wisdom" but it's apparent that you (can't or won't) look at the train that's coming.

And it is coming.

A

Article 3

My bad. Good so see you miss the point of the whole post but got that out of it. Have a nice day.
Pot is calling the kettle black there boy.
Your mom's calling from upstairs. Milk was poured on your fruit loops. Hurry upstairs or you'll miss your Barney show.

Btw: looks like UpstateNY's old stomping grounds voted No with the highest percentage of membership voting.

I thought you guys always thought alike? What happened?

LagunaBrown

Pot is calling the kettle black there boy.
Your mom's calling from upstairs. Milk was poured on your fruit loops. Hurry upstairs or you'll miss your Barney show.

Btw: looks like UpstateNY's old stomping grounds voted No with the highest percentage of membership voting.

I thought you guys always thought alike? What happened?
Bothered your (weak) conscience boy?

Everyone's tdu except you meester bootlickers. Blah blah blah.

You're too dumb to be a steward. Comprehension is a must for leadership and you've proven you can not comprehend what I posted.

Bullying members precipitates two things:
Apathy and Anger.

There, I condensed it for your third grade comprehension.

Continue with your lying because not only are your statements one sided "wisdom" but it's apparent that you (can't or won't) look at the train that's coming.

And it is coming.
That’s fine it there is some train coming just make sure it actually gets were it’s going. You guys are more like a bunch of fools rolling up in a clown car. Learn the contract. I’m not afraid of change but I am afraid of stupidity.

A

Article 3

That’s fine it there is some train coming just make sure it actually gets were it’s going. You guys are more like a bunch of fools rolling up in a clown car. Learn the contract.
Its coming boy. Just stay off the tracks.
The train won't stop for Jack azzes.

LagunaBrown

Its coming boy. Just stay off the tracks.
The train won't stop for Jack azzes.

A0BE0577-64F1-4670-B3B0-AD8F2EB1E0A8.jpeg

Oh. Ok thank for the advise Dad.

Crosscutters

It doesn’t matter which side of the decision you are on in regards to the contract itself. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and vote. That being said, it seems to me to be rather silly to call the majority of voters that voted no. If anyone on here is truly a steward, your job I would think should be to inform and listen to your members. It shouldn’t be to gloat that even though they were outnumbered by a fair margin, that some obscure rule that legitimately would never be known by the members, would be enforced. It seems kind of odd and honestly backwards. Thus the reason many, many teamsters actually trust the union as little if not less than the company.

oldupsman

I would never advocate leaving the union. But I think the IBT is going to be surprised by
the ramifications of this action. There are going to be a lot of young people out there who
are going to ask themselves why am I paying this dues money when my vote doesn't count
anyway. I'll withdraw from the union and put that money to work for me. Especially in the RTW states.
And new people aren't going to even bother joining.

But the union protects you. Protects me from what? Getting fired? Fired? They aren't firing anybody
right now. Heck they can't hire enough people as it is. Pension? Who knows if that's going to be there.
Give me the money, I'll do better than the union. It's a whole new generation out there and they are not
union believers. And this sort of action just confirms their beliefs.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Low turnout has led to the ratification of the master agreement. I keep seeing posts stating "I'm leaving the Union" and so on. I have a better solution, time to start our own Union or reach out to someone other than the Teamsters to represent us. Happens all the time. Hoffa have lost sight of what's important for members. We could be UPWA for "United Package Workers of America" or something like that..

Was that your team name at integrad?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The legislators chomping at the bit to impose RTW in their states are gearing up now that Americas largest collective bargaining agreement has been forced on the members.
The Teamsters will permanently damage collective bargaining in America if this stands. The nation is watching and I fear for the future of labor unions in America.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Doesn't happen all the time. You would have to decertify, wait a year, then spend months reorganizing under new representation, then negotiate an initial contract...would take years, just fyi

There are other unions out there which could take over at the drop of a hat and not miss a step! It could be done in less than a year!

THE IBT IS NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN PEOPLE!

THE IBT DOESN'T GIVE A :censored2: ABOUT IT'S UPS MEMBERS!

PT Car Washer

There are other unions out there which could take over at the drop of a hat and not miss a step! It could be done in less than a year!

Sounds more like the members don't give a ---- about the Union.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Sounds more like the members don't give a ---- about the Union.
Kinda hard to care about a group that appears to be out to :censored2: you each and every contract!

Last contract it was all about health care and the union wanted them dollars!
The contract before that was all about the CS pension and the union wanted them dollars too!

Seems to be a common thread.......money whoring union desires trumps what the members want and need!

Superteeth2478

I didn’t “win”, you don’t get hat I just wanted you guys to understand the contract better but you refused to listen and made it about yes vs no votes or a battle on character. As far as my English I willl concede to you. You are better than I but use it as an analogy. You care more about the grammar than the point I have been trying to make. I am no sellout and I am not the enemy, the company is. Like @542thruNthru said use all of this and become better. You make not like what I say but the members need to know the truth. I can’t read some of this nonsense and not speak up. If you as a steward good luck on your journey. It is truly a thanklesss job.
I am a steward. And I don't see you having proven that this contract is the greatest contract since sliced bread. Which is why I could care less about what you were saying, and pointed out your butchering of the saying. It's not a grammatical error, by the way. Or a typo. "to spite" and "despite" are two different phrases with two different meanings entirely. But of course, everyone knows that's besides the point. You know, I was going to type that I hate you instead of calling you a sellout. But thinking about it I really don't hate you (it is, as they say, a strong word), so I changed it.

I guess sellout isn't necessarily accurate either. You may genuinely think this is a great contract. But when you see it's effects 5, 10, or 15 years down the line, I'll be the one saying I told you so...and by then it won't matter because this is the point of no return, especially because of the fact that the Article XII language was used to impose the contract when for once the majority of those that voted voted no. Now keep in mind I'm not saying that the IBT should just pick and choose when they follow their own constitution, but the vast majority of the membership doesn't even know of the language, let alone understand it, let alone understand that the IBT is legally bound by it. I mean, even the members here, who are at least passionate enough about all this that they joined a forum to talk about it online still don't understand that the IBT is legally bound by the constitution.

Granted, they can still negotiate additional provisions, but it's not hard for Taylor to make a piss-poor attempt and act like he tried and not change a damn thing except for Abney's count of notches in his bedpost for the number of times Taylor has sucked his dick. The IBT has NO leverage anymore. We are bound by this contract. You think UPS will literally throw money at us out of the goodness of their hearts? The only thing I can see them POSSIBLY doing is raising the starting part-time rate to $15, and that's just to compete with Amazon. They sure as hell won't add in catch-up raises...and they sure as hell won't mess with the 22.4 language.

So this truly is the beginning of the end. Screencap it.

Last edited: