Don't Leave The Union....

Lamda Lamda Lamda???

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3428373354.jpg
    iOS Image - 3428373354.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 189

siouxman

siouxman
Or want to work here for the industry leading healthcare and pension plus improved part time wages. I know there isn’t a part time job out there that has the benefits even in the same galaxy as this one.
I'm thankful for the good job I have had for over 30 years.it has not always been fun to work with some of management but i made it work for me and my family has benifited.there is a different mentallity in the new work force coming in and I have not decided if it's good or bad.ups has seemed to revive itself over the years and continued to be competitive and I'm glad I will be retiring in the near future.

siouxman

siouxman
I'm thankful for the good job I have had for over 30 years.it has not always been fun to work with some of management but i made it work for me and my family has benifited.there is a different mentallity in the new work force coming in and I have not decided if it's good or bad.ups has seemed to revive itself over the years and continued to be competitive and I'm glad I will be retiring in the near future.
I've fought for changes in many contracts.some we got others took awhile and some we never attained.

SoCalUPS

Laguna is actually happy about the substandard contract. Do you know why? Because he has seniority and none of the crap will affect him. To Laguna it's "screw the part timers" "screw the unborn". Last I checked, the Union was for every member. To impose a contract on the membership that was voted down by the membership will bring ramifications to the Teamsters that we may never overcome. First rule of negotiations is to try and achieve a win-win agreement. I've seen Members like Laguna before. The "Yes Sir" type. The type that will not "Rock The Boat". Laguna, you are not a true Teamster. You are weak, pathetic excuse for Unionist. You're time will come

futile process

Just drop out of dues check off. The teamsters are a joke. Send a certified letter to your local, and ask for your original membership date. You have 15 days before that date to resign. No more money for useless union.

SoCalUPS

As far starting or joining another Union, it happens often. That's why Unions like SEIU are successful in poaching Members from the Teamsters. Kaiser Permanente Union Members actually started their own Union after years of mediocrity with their Union

MAKAVELI

As far starting or joining another Union, it happens often. That's why Unions like SEIU are successful in poaching Members from the Teamsters. Kaiser Permanente Union Members actually started their own Union after years of mediocrity with their Union
I think the biggest hurdle in that is how large UPS is. Kaiser is miniscule in comparison to UPS and much easier to organize.

MAKAVELI

It's easier because UPS is big
Working at FedEx I can tell you that you are 100% wrong. If you look at the Teamsters recent history in organizing you will see no big corporations have been organized. Mostly small labor groups that were easily organized to be a part of the the big Teamsters Union. The IBT failed miserably with FedEx Freight and have absolutely no way in at Express.

SoCalUPS

Working at FedEx I can tell you that you are 100% wrong. If you look at the Teamsters recent history in organizing you will see no big corporations have been organized. Mostly small labor groups that were easily organized to be a part of the the big Teamsters Union. The IBT failed miserably with FedEx Freight and have absolutely no way in at Express.
I'm not talking about the IBT organizing anyone. Their model sucks. I'm talking about other Unions or creating one

MAKAVELI

I'm not talking about the IBT organizing anyone. Their model sucks. I'm talking about other Unions or creating one
Yeah it's pretty much the same for all the unions. It would take a huge amount of resources to organize UPS. Just not realistic in this day and time. You guys would be better served by voting out the leadership and in someone who isn't beholden to UPS corporate.

LagunaBrown

Laguna is actually happy about the substandard contract. Do you know why? Because he has seniority and none of the crap will affect him. To Laguna it's "screw the part timers" "screw the unborn". Last I checked, the Union was for every member. To impose a contract on the membership that was voted down by the membership will bring ramifications to the Teamsters that we may never overcome. First rule of negotiations is to try and achieve a win-win agreement. I've seen Members like Laguna before. The "Yes Sir" type. The type that will not "Rock The Boat". Laguna, you are not a true Teamsters You are weak, pathetic excuse for Unionist. You're time will come
You are all talk and an amature at best.
How about we compare how many grievances, jobs you saved, and money you clawed back from the company. I got one grievance for a $30,000 dollars for our cover drivers. Face it man you don’t know :censored2: and just come here to try and discredit people. I am still waiting on proof that Andy M served jail time for “embezzlement” you imbecile. Give me some facts or GTFU.

A

Article 3

Imo the ibt should've pushed to organize freight locations all at one time instead of allowing them to be targeted for management pressure separately.

You are all talk and an amature at best.
How about we compare how many grievances, jobs you saved, and money you clawed back from the company. I got one grievance for a $30,000 dollars for our cover drivers. Face it man you don’t know :censored2: and just come here to try and discredit people. I am still waiting on proof that Andy M served jail time for “embezzlement” you imbecile. Give me some facts or GTFU.
You're talking to the wrong guy boy. No one said he got jail time. He was investigated. Did you forget to take your medicine yesterday? You're always angry boy.

Btw, our ten cover drivers and the high school cheerleading squad won 2 million in back pay. How did your guys get shafted? You forgot to bring your Etchasketch that had your notes to the hearings?

There's no use in responding to your ever changing gibberish.

LagunaBrown

Imo the ibt should've pushed to organize freight locations all at one time instead of allowing them to be targeted for management pressure separately.

You're talking to the wrong guy boy. No one said he got jail time. He was investigated. Did you forget to take your medicine yesterday? You're always angry boy.

Btw, our ten cover drivers and the high school cheerleading squad won 2 million in back pay. How did your guys get shafted? You forgot to bring your Etchasketch that had your notes to the hearings?

There's no use in responding to your ever changing gibberish.
So he got investigated? That means something? You are an idiot to even accuse somebody of something that they were never found guilty of. So did you actually file the grievance for the cover drivers? GTFU you amature your so TDU its embarrassing.

SoCalUPS

Laguna, you are an idiot. More than half of those that voted rejected the offer. You are happy the the Teamsters at UPS are divided? How is that for bargaining power? For those 30k won by your Local, Brothers and Sisters in the East Coast are losing 60k. But that doesn't matter to you as long as YOU are winning.

M

MenInBrown

Low turnout has led to the ratification of the master agreement. I keep seeing posts stating "I'm leaving the Union" and so on. I have a better solution, time to start our own Union or reach out to someone other than the Teamsters to represent us. Happens all the time. Hoffa have lost sight of what's important for members. We could be UPWA for "United Package Workers of America" or something like that..

Half my center is leaving teamsters.

M

MenInBrown

Corruption at its best. So I guess the Teamsters had to notify UPS that we did not meet the 50% threshold. Then all of a sudden UPSs first offer becomes their final offer, coincidence? it’s hard to tell someone not to leave the union, especially when there is blatant corruption and you’re paying for it.