Don't Leave The Union....

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Okay, maybe we shouldn't push for more votes then. Maybe we can just have 3 guys show up and decide for us. You guys are loosing my point. The point is, if we lost due to less than 50% voter turnout, maybe we should learn from this and push for more members getting votes out. Oh, but what do i know. You guys all seem to have it figured out by ranting in a cafe to leave the union. Good luck with that.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Does anyone get the point at all? Is it really that difficult to see. I'm just gonna repeat it again . We need more Voters!! Encourage others to vote. Learn from this. Hello. Wake up.

Time for change

Okay, maybe we shouldn't push for more votes then. Maybe we can just have 3 guys show up and decide for us. You guys are loosing my point. The point is, if we lost due to less than 50% voter turnout, maybe we should learn from this and push for more members getting votes out. Oh, but what do i know. You guys all seem to have it figured out by ranting in a cafe to leave the union. Good luck with that.
Some of us don’t have years to wait, we will hold them to the fire now. If you think dues don’t matter to the IBT, you’re a fool. They will learn a very tough lesson from this.

PT Car Washer

If we all were in a position like you, I’m sure we would happily pay dues too. Sadly some of us have gotten squeezed and the part time regression in pay is real hence the mass exodus from the union.
I have replied many times how in 1982 when the two tier PT pay system was started how a preloader was paid $9/hr and in 2018 he was paid $10/hr. $9/hr in 1982 was a high paying PT job with benefits. In 2018 UPS has to offer $100, $200, even $300/wk bonus just to get PT employees to stay for a few months. Last year I had to pick up my driver helper at the homeless shelter. He could not work the preload because of the shelter curfew rules.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Does anyone get the point at all? Is it really that difficult to see. I'm just gonna repeat it again . We need more Voters!! Encourage others to vote. Learn from this. Hello. Wake up.
Hoffa is choosing to impose the contract. It is a choice. He is lying and saying that he has to.

Meanwhile you're busy trying to find a fellow member to blame....

Time for change

The IBT had all the leverage NOW! Next contract could be another massive recession and they will have none. Some of us aren’t going to wait years to hold them accountable, for me the time is now. This contract gets rammed through after a convincing no vote, then myself and thousands of others are done with dues, period. When they appear to be representing all the members interests again, I’ll gladly pay up.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I just have to ask.......Why should I pay just to have my vote not counted and my voice ignored?

Talked with 10 drivers this morning...all were saying the exact same thing!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
That's what they want, this is a chess game setting up for next contract to slowly have teamster members get out and weaken the bond.

Appvol

Voted no but wouldn’t leave the Union. Just got a grievance check for my 9/5 and 8hr request that was almost $3,000.

upsbeernut

Voted no but wouldn’t leave the Union. Just got a grievance check for my 9/5 and 8hr request that was almost $3,000.
Woo hoo
money-animated-gif-1.gif
lucky too , our center has the most grievances in the building and none of them have signed off on.

Blackadder 2

May be you are smart enough to make more money elsewhere, but for this HS graduate I don't know anywhere else that would pay me nearly $40/hr, have 7 weeks paid vacation, free health care benefits for myself and family, and a pension for a PT job. I may not agree with the Union position on some matters but I will continue to be a Teamster.

I work for UPS, I am also a Teamster. But the leadership of the Teamsters, Hoffa, will ignore what we voted on and sold me and all other Teamsters out. Why the friend* should I give a damn about them or pay union dues too them? Please explain.

upsbeernut

I work for UPS, I am also a Teamster. But the leadership of the Teamsters, Hoffa, will ignore what we voted on and sold me and all other Teamsters out. Why the friend* should I give a damn about them or pay union dues too them? Please explain.
Face the facts, teamsters have sold us out by letting UPS reduce our income by bringing corporate and middle management to help deliver Xmas with the 70 hour insurance policy rule for mandatory Saturday delivery. Its the first step to break the teamsters down while paying high wages and excellent health benefits as a bargaining tool.

People wanna leave, so be it, but I'm tired of reading how people are gonna stop paying dues until the leadership gives a :censored2:.

So, lemme get this straight, you're going to opt out, give up your election vote along with all other rights. Those of us remaining will hold our mettle, scratching and clawing through the toughest test the Teamsters have subjected us to, force change through activity and election, then you're going to come back....???

Sweeeeet....