Don't Leave The Union....

LagunaBrown

It’s a matter of principle not paying dues to an organization that is corrupt and not representing us. DT and JH put the dagger in the Teamster union. Everybody saying bye and laughing but you won’t be laughing soon when the thousands and thousands are no longer contributing dues.
It’s only going to hurt the stupid people.

LagunaBrown

We can only blame the ones who didn't vote. We have no excuses next contract to not vote. This should be a hard lesson on us. The other end of the tail is the yes voter's. Do you know, if only 4998 of the yes voters has votes No, we would have had our 2/3rd and stopped forced it into the bargain table. We can only truly blame the non voter and some yes voters. The I don't give a crap voters.
I don’t deal with what if’s......Dude all I am saying is organize your people. Leaving the Union is stupidity.

oldupsman

Don’t worry, Teamsters just took care of that. Everyone in RTW will be leaving anyways. Thanks teamsters
It’s a matter of principle not paying dues to an organization that is corrupt and not representing us. DT and JH put the dagger in the Teamster union. Everybody saying bye and laughing but you won’t be laughing soon when the thousands and thousands are no longer contributing dues.

The IBT just has no clue how angry the no voters are for having this poor contract shoved down their throat.
There will be thousands of members who will withdraw from the Teamsters, not to mention who knows how many
who will never join after being hired by UPS.

The IBT just has no clue how angry the no voters are for having this poor contract shoved down their throat.
There will be thousands of members who will withdraw from the Teamsters, not to mention who knows how many
who will never join after being hired by UPS.
Corporations dreams. Unions destroying themselves.

oldupsman

Corporations dreams. Unions destroying themselves.

Yeah, and who's fault is that? The people who didn't vote? BALONEY! They don't care. That's the point!
You're trying to blame the people who don't care for this thing being shoved down the throat if people
who do care! THEY VOTED! THEY CARE! Their reward? Bleep you! Eat this! Oh, and don't forget to remain
a member so we can shove it to you again! I won't blame anybody for leaving, not one. The IBT has made
their own bed on this one. Get ready,

Yeah, and who's fault is that? The people who didn't vote? BALONEY! They don't care. That's the point!
You're trying to blame the people who don't care for this thing being shoved down the throat if people
who do care! THEY VOTED! THEY CARE! Their reward? Bleep you! Eat this! Oh, and don't forget to remain
a member so we can shove it to you again! I won't blame anybody for leaving, not one. The IBT has made
their own bed on this one. Get ready,
If the no movement truly had good leadership. Exiting the union would never be an option. Good leadership shows when adversity hits.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
We pushed hard for the part timers this contract. A whole bunch. Of them either liked $13 over $15 or just didn't care. The part timers lost this one for us. They are the majority and this push was for thrm. They chose not to show up for the fight. I don't speak to all of them. There was an increase so some stepped up. To those that did, i salute you. To the rest, don't complain when your Amazon friends out perform you financially.

oldupsman

If the no movement truly had good leadership. Exiting the union would never be an option. Good leadership shows when adversity hits.

Good leadership? You're going to call what Hoffa and Taylor just did good leadership? What happened
when adversity hit? Those 2 put their tail between their legs. Shoving this down the VOTING members throat is
about as cowardly as it gets.

oldupsman

We pushed hard for the part timers this contract. A whole bunch. Of them either liked $13 over $15 or just didn't care. The part timers lost this one for us. They are the majority and this push was for thrm. They chose not to show up for the fight. I don't speak to all of them. There was an increase so some stepped up. To those that did, i salute you. To the rest, don't complain when your Amazon friends out perform you financially.

They chose not to show up for the fight? Oh. So the IBT answer to that is let's shove it down the throats
of those members who chose to fight.

Time for change

Hahaha this contract did nothing for existing part timers, only newbies. We voted more than ever and now we will stop paying dues more than ever.

Blackadder 2

The members voted the contract down. The leadership has decided to ignore the members.
If I could I would stop paying dues tomorrow. What is the point the union doesn't care about the members

PT Car Washer

The members voted the contract down. The leadership has decided to ignore the members.
If I could I would stop paying dues tomorrow. What is the point the union doesn't care about the members
May be you are smart enough to make more money elsewhere, but for this HS graduate I don't know anywhere else that would pay me nearly $40/hr, have 7 weeks paid vacation, free health care benefits for myself and family, and a pension for a PT job. I may not agree with the Union position on some matters but I will continue to be a Teamster.

Time for change

May be you are smart enough to make more money elsewhere, but for this HS graduate I don't know anywhere else that would pay me nearly $40/hr, have 7 weeks paid vacation, free health care benefits for myself and family, and a pension for a PT job. I may not agree with the Union position on some matters but I will continue to be a Teamster.
If we all were in a position like you, I’m sure we would happily pay dues too. Sadly some of us have gotten squeezed and the part time regression in pay is real hence the mass exodus from the union.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
The voter turnout was to low. Who's fault is that again? Not the Union. So we the members pushes for higher pay and yet you complain about the contract. The contract only passed because the majority of part timers didn't show up to vote. A freaking phone call, push 1 or push 2 was just to much. Come on buddy. Look, I get it, many are upset. Next time get your members on the vvote. As of now, it's the membership fault. Maybe it was a higher turn out this contract, but still, to many sit on the side lines and through tempers later.

Time for change

The voter turnout was to low. Who's fault is that again? Not the Union. So we the members pushes for higher pay and yet you complain about the contract. The contract only passed because the majority of part timers didn't show up to vote. A freaking phone call, push 1 or push 2 was just to much. Come on buddy. Look, I get it, many are upset. Next time get your members on the vvote. As of now, it's the membership fault. Maybe it was a higher turn out this contract, but still, to many sit on the side lines and through tempers later.
I’ve been with the company a fairly long time, when I was new I had no clue I was even in a union and what it meant. Union people standing outside the building telling new hires who to vote for in state elections but never did that for the contract. An increase of 30k voting was incredible and the % was no reason to ram it through. That argument is invalid.