Don't Leave The Union....

SoCalUPS

Low turnout has led to the ratification of the master agreement. I keep seeing posts stating "I'm leaving the Union" and so on. I have a better solution, time to start our own Union or reach out to someone other than the Teamsters to represent us. Happens all the time. Hoffa have lost sight of what's important for members. We could be UPWA for "United Package Workers of America" or something like that..

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Low turnout has led to the ratification of the master agreement. I keep seeing posts stating "I'm leaving the Union" and so on. I have a better solution, time to start our own Union or reach out to someone other than the Teamsters to represent us. Happens all the time. Hoffa have lost sight of what's important for members. We could be UPWA for "United Package Workers of America" or something like that..
Okay get the ball rolling

wilberforce15

That was probably record turnout. Of the people invested here, turnout was very high.

Turnout only looked low because of our army of temp workers that for some reason we call employees, even though they don't get treated like it.

PT Car Washer

Or just get involved in the Union we already have representing us and change things from the inside. After this contract is settled you may find a lot of members that wish to join you.

Doesn't happen all the time. You would have to decertify, wait a year, then spend months reorganizing under new representation, then negotiate an initial contract...would take years, just fyi

Tony Q

That is actually very funny.

Tony Q

Or just get involved in the Union we already have representing us and change things from the inside. After this contract is settled you may find a lot of members that wish to join you.
Or want to work here for the industry leading healthcare and pension plus improved part time wages. I know there isn’t a part time job out there that has the benefits even in the same galaxy as this one.

LagunaBrown

it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing! I am not kidding the vote no guys are passionate but the most uniformed stupid people I have seen in my career at UPS. You want new leadership but can not even demonstrate any amongst yourselves. They are really all a bunch of anarchists thinking they are an activists!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing! I am not kidding the vote no guys are passionate but the most uniformed stupid people I have seen in my career at UPS. You want new leadership but can not even demonstrate any amongst yourselves. They are really all a bunch of anarchists thinking they are an activists!
3DBE201F-E8D6-45DD-AC44-6AD27833343B.gif

This is Dave’s dog....

ManInBrown

The problem with getting a new union is, I believe you have to go one year without being unionized. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I know there is some scenario where you have to go one year without being unionized. They’d fire everybody in that one year.