DQ on day 2 for van across street backing into my truck on a turn.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 11.19igrad, Jan 9, 2020.

1. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

appreciate that

2. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

my sup and his boss met me at the scene. My sup had to drive the rest of the day. We got back at 9pm and then thats when they DQ me off the clock like the geniuses they are.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

4. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

Since they made it specifically about the "accident" they didn't feel a need to call the cops about but fully blame me, I think it puts this situation in a curious legal space because they didn't allow the law to handle the situation properly but they want to use the incident to take away my position. I don't think it's hard to see some questions to an attorney are reasonable, should it go that far.

5. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

Thanks man. I did file. And, as much as i talk big :censored2:, I would need to muster up the balls to tell them this myself... Id prefer an attorney do it for me.

6. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

Update: so my sister totaled her car this morning and I'm relieved not to be driving with this on my mind...
    Also, the lady who works in the office and handles uniforms, etc passed me as I was leaving preload and told me to study my 5's and 10's. That has to be a good sign...

7. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

8. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Yeah, that sup was an aye whole... good luck, seems u will be re instated.

Off topic: No injuries at your sister's accident? Having a vehicle totalled is too vague

9. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

I always block residential streets (where parking is very limited) and make sure there is absolutely no way for people to try and squeeze around me. With cars on both sides of me there’s no way for for some idiot to back into me. However, never under estimate the power of stupid. You can be doing everything right and still get hit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I did notice it but I figured you need more reminding of it.

11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

That's true. I need all the help I can get

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

It's :censored2: incredible to totally block someone in on purpose and on your walk back to the truck you see the maroon doing a fifty point back mounting the curb and going over grass to try to save ten seconds to get out anyway.

Or you see that they are backing anyway like a tard so you run to your truck and start honking seconds before they clip you. Like gd dang people just wait ten seconds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. AwashBwashCwash

AwashBwashCwash Active Member

Not your personal army.

14. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Sounds like they plan on sending you back out with a supervisor. Anytime there’s an accident or injury you can expect that.

15. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Know your DOK and show some contrition and you should be back.

Admit to them that you will be more aware of where you park from now on

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Baba gounj

Baba gounj Well-Known Member

I go back and video that guy's normal backing out routine. Then contact a lawyer to sue him for causing you the lost wages you would have earned.

17. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad New Member

Sister is ok thanks for asking, hospital cleared her.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Asians have a rep of being bad drivers?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I can seriously vouch for this statement!

20. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

There is a asian doctor on my route that can't back his BMW down the driveway! It's on a hill with a bend. Lol, he looks at me as I back all the way up to his garage!