Driver/Dispatcher Bashing Time

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Is he FT? Seems like it would be tough to do dispatch and preload as a PTer.

As is fine here with ORION. Not the doom and gloom everybody says it is.

How many packages have you delivered?

Do you feel, given your experience as a driver, you're in a position to say ODO is better than RDO?

It's keystrokes to you. It's hours in an aluminum oven to me.

Don't kid yourself. You don't know what we do, sir.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had this problem back in the day.

Had a guy who loved to give me air stops. The problem was, so did they guy next to him, and so did the FT Dispatch sup.

Driver a would ask the pt dispatch sup to move stops, then driver b would get the on road to do it, and the FT dispatch sup would put legitimate overflow on me. They'd all do it 5 mins before start time.

If get to my truck, laugh, find the on road, hand him 5-10 air stops and say I can't make these, I have too many air stops and drive away .

After a week of doing this it stopped happening.

PT Car Washer

Gotta love the driver who pawns off his Air stops and you see him delivering ground across the street from the Air stop. Or customer tells you the regular driver has already been here when you show up with his Air stop.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But you need to send air drivers to help with ground and have drivers with multiple DIADS all to hit a certain percentage trace.
We sent air drivers to take stops off guys before ORION, and I'm sure it's not going to stop anytime soon. The DIAD things just makes it more of a hassle. That's far from doom and gloom. The actual ORION complaints we hear are few and far in between. And when they do come are usually easy fixes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We sent air drivers to take stops off guys before ORION, and I'm sure it's not going to stop anytime soon. The DIAD things just makes it more of a hassle. That's far from doom and gloom. The actual ORION complaints we hear are few and far in between. And when they do come are usually easy fixes.
Sounds like the union needs to fight for more full time drivers there

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a few in our center but it's not too crazy. But the other center 50 feet away.......OMG do they have some crybabies. And the ones that cry the most are then in at 5pm.

Me, I'm the opposite. I come in, see how many stops I have, turn around and walk out the door. I'll do what they gave me because that's the job I was hired to do. But then on the rare occasion I do need a little help, I will ask the dispatcher for a hand with stops and he usually takes care of me. He knows I'm not one to complain so he helps out when I need it. But those that b!tch all the time he will just shrug it all off. He also helps me get done at a decent time during spring softball season so I can coach so I can't complain about working a little later the rest of the year.

mjjlohn

How many packages have you delivered?

Do you feel, given your experience as a driver, you're in a position to say ODO is better than RDO?

It's keystrokes to you. It's hours in an aluminum oven to me.

Don't kid yourself. You don't know what we do, sir.
This a million times

ManInBrown

I can't believe drivers show up early and actually talk to the dispatcher to get work moved. I can't believe they're successful in getting work moved. It would never cross my mind to do anything like that. I don't even talk to our dispatcher. Might say 3 words to him all year.

Future

Victory Ride
I can't believe drivers show up early and actually talk to the dispatcher to get work moved. I can't believe they're successful in getting work moved. It would never cross my mind to do anything like that. I don't even talk to our dispatcher. Might say 3 words to him all year.
Every day in my center by a few!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Everyday here. Them and people that actually still think that they will get their routes fixed by hounding him everyday.