Driver/Dispatcher Bashing Time

Overpaid Union Thug

it's more than that...

sure I don't mind doing "MY ROUTE" work,

when I have to take splits from 4 different routes on the same day, I might "cry" about it, until I cash the check! lol
I don't even bitch about these things to management anymore. I watch and take note of what is done to me and by who and remember it for a future date when I can strike back. LOL!

wayfair

swollen member
I don't know if we got drivers that get routes adjusted by crying to the dispatcher, but we definitely have some crybabies up in this bitch. I really don't understand how they get through their day (let alone this far in their careers).

I might be biased because I don't really have a life outside of brown, but people need to shut up and do the work according to the methods. If one finishes early, great. If not, then suck it up buttercup. And if someone needs help, for god's sake, (at the risk of sounding like management) the operation is more important than any individual. We're a team, let's act like one, stop bitching, and get this :censored2: done.
what's your response when you finish your work and have to help lil johnnie again for the 43rd time. come on Coach, whats your plan?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't know if we got drivers that get routes adjusted by crying to the dispatcher, but we definitely have some crybabies up in this bitch. I really don't understand how they get through their day (let alone this far in their careers).

I might be biased because I don't really have a life outside of brown, but people need to shut up and do the work according to the methods. If one finishes early, great. If not, then suck it up buttercup. And if someone needs help, for god's sake, (at the risk of sounding like management) the operation is more important than any individual. We're a team, let's act like one, stop bitching, and get this :censored2: done.
Best advice, get a life outside of brown.

SCV good to go sir.

what's your response when you finish your work and have to help lil johnnie again for the 43rd time. come on Coach, whats your plan?
Ok junior, listen up.
The center (C) sends messages to SCV (X) and lil johnnie (O). Then we're going to bltiz to the point (NS). Whoever gets there first sets up a pick for the other driver so we can back the trucks into each other. Then we're gonna run Orion. I'm going to do a series of button hooks and wrap to the corner. O is going to run a slant pass several stops several times to the flat and seals that section. Then he moves to stops he passed earlier doing hail marys at each one. Then we split and double blitz back to the center.
iteEbHs.png

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got the bad news from the evening Sup. The ORION team showed up at our center.

It's not nearly as bad as everyone here is making it out to be. The key is to work with the team member, not against him/her. When they offer a suggested solution that you may not agree with offer them an alternate solution that you think may work better. Take advantage of the time that you have them on the car to get your route optimized as you do not want to wait until they leave to have your center team do it.

The Orion team member that rode with me drove for 4 months during Peak. He was a 23 year old "go getter" who is trying to become an ORS. He laughed when I pointed out that my kids are 27 and 30 and that I have a 7 month old granddaughter. We worked well together and my Orion setup was nearly stop for stop the following day.

There are several things that he mentioned which may pertain to us all. First, UPS spent a lot of money on this technology and it is not going anywhere. We can either embrace it or continue to fight it. Second, the system is designed to reward saved miles with more stops. Third, Orion is to be used as a tool and should not be followed stop for stop. Following Orion 100% would be considered sabotage.

I was at 78% on my first day alone on Orion. Our center manager expects a minimum of 85%. I guess I have a little work to do.

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok junior, listen up.
The center (C) sends messages to SCV (X) and lil johnnie (O). Then we're going to bltiz to the point (NS). Whoever gets there first sets up a pick for the other driver so we can back the trucks into each other. Then we're gonna run Orion. I'm going to do a series of button hooks and wrap to the corner. O is going to run a slant pass several stops several times to the flat and seals that section. Then he moves to stops he passed earlier doing hail marys at each one. Then we split and double blitz back to the center.
iteEbHs.png

That's what my solution looks like. LOL
It's not nearly as bad as everyone here is making it out to be. The key is to work with the team member, not against him/her. When they offer a suggested solution that you may not agree with offer them an alternate solution that you think may work better. Take advantage of the time that you have them on the car to get your route optimized as you do not want to wait until they leave to have your center team do it.

The Orion team member that rode with me drove for 4 months during Peak. He was a 23 year old "go getter" who is trying to become an ORS. He laughed when I pointed out that my kids are 27 and 30 and that I have a 7 month old granddaughter. We worked well together and my Orion setup was nearly stop for stop the following day.

There are several things that he mentioned which may pertain to us all. First, UPS spent a lot of money on this technology and it is not going anywhere. We can either embrace it or continue to fight it. Second, the system is designed to reward saved miles with more stops. Third, Orion is to be used as a tool and should not be followed stop for stop. Following Orion 100% would be considered sabotage.

I was at 78% on my first day alone on Orion. Our center manager expects a minimum of 85%. I guess I have a little work to do.
Ohhhhh yes it is.

Bottom rung

Don't speak so soon...wait until they leave it in the hands of your on cars....wait. you are one.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

A 23 year old kid with 4 months minimal driving experience setting up your route "solution ". And you don't see how that could go horribly wrong?

That's the problem with Orion. It's being implemented by people with no real experience doing the job.

Some things you might want to know too. Less miles does mean more stops but Orion also looks at what time you get back to building. Get off early? Well expect more work next day. Have time gaps in your day not accounted for? Expect more stops to fill those in. And my favorite, the whole stop before lunch and after have to be right where you take lunch. So basically if you eat at home, better show a stop on your street and one after. That was a big push with the Orion "team".

Also when they leave, expect your solutions to get worse. Your center manager will be under pressure to cut routes and have everyone run Orion 85%. So if you get off before 7, that will end as you will get more work than before. If your Edd trace is messed up, Orion makes it worse. If it is good, Orion will push you to do resi stops in front of businesses so you'll "run" to make business stops. If your business stops say close at 5pm, watch it put you there around 4 with a lot of resi before that so you'll always be "under pressure ".

But maybe not in the BOG.

moldsporh

So for those just starting orion, or going to start, I recommend not trying to run up your miles. Not everyone does, but there are drivers that will. Run the route as efficient as possible, and when you start orion, follow it 100%.

Tell them you may not get everything delivered and put it back on them.

You will see, trust me.

When they say you need to run it 85%, ask them how do you know it's 85%.