Driver/Dispatcher Bashing Time

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Actually have 2 ...that r "Banned" from going in that office.....they flipped out one to many times on the Dispatcher ...i find it kinda funny
We had a dispatcher who flipped on a driver and went hands on.

They told us that the only reason he didn't get fired is that no one called the cops.

He did get suspended and ordered to anger mgmt classes

As is still in the same job in the same center

Future

Victory Ride

They told us that the only reason he didn't get fired is that no one called the cops.

I believe it.....had a center manager That really once went Bonkers....kept his job ...but did it again ....pretty sure he went into a mental facility for a while

Overpaid Union Thug

So theoretically we could all assault each other and keep our jobs as long as the cops aren't called? LOL! Then I'm going after few people Monday. Ha ha.

Ecw21411

I can't believe drivers show up early and actually talk to the dispatcher to get work moved. I can't believe they're successful in getting work moved. It would never cross my mind to do anything like that. I don't even talk to our dispatcher. Might say 3 words to him all year.
It happens a lot in my building

upsman68

Gotta love the driver who pawns off his Air stops and you see him delivering ground across the street from the Air stop. Or customer tells you the regular driver has already been here when you show up with his Air stop.
We have a guy who gives away air and we see him make his first stop taking a break at the local donut store

onehandsolo

We have a few in our center but it's not too crazy. But the other center 50 feet away.......OMG do they have some crybabies. And the ones that cry the most are then in at 5pm.

Me, I'm the opposite. I come in, see how many stops I have, turn around and walk out the door. I'll do what they gave me because that's the job I was hired to do. But then on the rare occasion I do need a little help, I will ask the dispatcher for a hand with stops and he usually takes care of me. He knows I'm not one to complain so he helps out when I need it. But those that b!tch all the time he will just shrug it all off. He also helps me get done at a decent time during spring softball season so I can coach so I can't complain about working a little later the rest of the year.

I am the same way. No matter how crazy the dispatch is I just do it. I have learned to just accept whatever dispatch they give me. I think UPS is long past the day where you can convince management to change your route. I just do the best I can and when issues arrive I explain to them why and it is there job to fix it. My go to line is I don't mind the work but I cannot promise you I will get done or be at a pickup before they close.

Than again I am divorced with no kids so when they hose me I have little incentive to run through hoops or skip meals to get of at a decent time.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How many packages have you delivered?

Do you feel, given your experience as a driver, you're in a position to say ODO is better than RDO?

It's keystrokes to you. It's hours in an aluminum oven to me.

Don't kid yourself. You don't know what we do, sir.

There's a real disconnect between the guys who sit behind a computer and look at all these useless metrics and the guys who actually have to "execute " the plan and deal with the real world consequences of others inexperience

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Anyone else have that one driver (or more) in their center that has made a habit of of getting the PDS to move work from their route over to an adjacent route? Do they do so out of a genuine desire to improve efficiency and to help the customers or is it out of pure selfishness and only because they don't want to run those stops? Ours (mainly one person) is definitely of the latter category. But they all make me sick. They come in looking all :censored2: off and already have an attitude before they have even punched in. They go straight to (after checking the OR to see how much bonus they made the day before) the computer and start scrolling to look for what they will get cut off. There is one that gets there super early...and I mean VERY early...so that he's already gotten his route just the way he wants it before the next early bird has even made it into the parking lot.

Another one, and he is actually the one that really pisses people off, comes in about 30 minutes early and there is rarely a day that he doesn't get something moved to an adjacent route. And these stops may or may not be right on the border of his route and the other routes he cuts them to but his motive is purely getting off early and avoiding stops he doesn't like to mess with. He never asks for work that could easily be considered better for him to run to be cut to him. He might ask for something that is on the adjacent route but is on the opposite end so that he can get more miles in order to pad his bonus. But those are just quick and easy pickups.

What really bugs us is that the PDS listens to these people. I'd tell them ask the other driver first or say YOU BID IT YOU RUN IT. One of them is a lower seniority driver and he's really starting to piss off some veteran drivers. We even have drivers that normally don't see eye to eye conspiring to fix this problem. LOL!

What has been done to end these habits in other centers? I've already told the PDS not to move anything to my route for those guys without asking me first.
Stop being the Centers wash woman and worry about your job.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

A supe or dispatcher puts their hands on me its called- I RETIRE RICH BITCH RIGHT THERE WITH A HUGE LAWSUIT. He can even beat me up and I wont lay a hand on him, A BROTHER WILL BE GETTING PAID FATTY ON THAT 1 lol.

Box Ox

He can even beat me up and I wont lay a hand on him, A BROTHER WILL BE GETTING PAID FATTY ON THAT 1 lol.

I'd go for a full Double Dragoning even if it only kept me out of package cars during the summer.

I'm on the left.

double-dragon-virtual-console-20080428073729279.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I have 30-40 more stops than the 3 other guys in my loop, I go talk with my on car's and the pds guy.
Why? Who cares?

I've never even met my dispatch sup. They know what's on there. I send in a message if over 9.5 or will have missed. End of story.

BrownArmy

I'm cover:

I never say a word to anyone, be it dispatch, this or that sup, no one.

Once I get my assignment, I grab the DIAD, look at the beat-down I'm about to get, do my pre-trip and then leave the building.

I don't make these plans, I just follow them, and I get paid by the hour.

If I ever say anything, it's when they ask me, "What happened yesterday?"

And I say, "You tell me".

Tough Guy

If there's going to be a legitimate issue with airs I'll tell dispatch. We had a little incident where I had 24 air stops dispatched to me. They sent me out for Eams and didn't get back til after PCM. I ran straight air and still had 5 or 6 late ones.

The next day they had a PCM about bringing legitimate air issues to them before we hit the road. In the situation I was in, where I was on road for the early ams, they said it was their fault. While I appreciated mgmt taking responsibility, I still don't see how they can't see that there's a driver with that much air ahead of time and make proper adjustments.