Indecisi0n

This is why I don't like leaving the helper in the back if I am not there. He is pretty much only allowed in the back to hold my pee bottle and that's it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I thought they were misquoting or something. The article said all the guy was wearing was a vest and some street clothes. Seasonal drivers don't have to wear full uniforms?

That's the first thing I noticed too. A driver helper vest, not a UPS uniform. All seasonal drivers get full uniforms here.
Unless they rushed him through orientation, I would still think he'd have to wear brown pants and follow appearance guidelines.

Sidenote: These articles prove 2 things.
1) The media will put UPS Driver in the headlines to get clicks then retract it in the article.

2) Corporate UPS will disrespect the union UPS driver position at any given chance, but our low paid "replacements" embarrass the company more.
If they think they will have low income driver helpers in automated cars anytime soon, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

The Driver

I drive.
That's the first thing I noticed too. A driver helper vest, not a UPS uniform. All seasonal drivers get full uniforms here.
Unless they rushed him through orientation, I would still think he'd have to wear brown pants and follow appearance guidelines.

1) The media will put UPS Driver in the headlines to get clicks then retract it in the article.

2) Corporate UPS will disrespect the union UPS driver position at any given chance, but our low paid "replacements" embarrass the company more.
If they think they will have low income driver helpers in automated cars anytime soon, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

UPS just figures the public doesn't care as long as they get their deliveries.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Damn.... hef is fired up this morning... on the warpath bud!!!

Oddly enough I can't find the article for the seasonal caught stealing a few towns South of Portland 2 years ago, or the former UPS helper in B*, Oregon who got caught running routes picking up packages last year.

A surprising amount of helpers walked out with hats beanies jackets and pants. In some cases the coveted socks. It'd be super easy to exploit that.

keeb86

Why is a driver helper putting pkgs in a mail box ?

Have you ever had a rural route?
I used to have quite a few homes with second mailboxes for UPS and FedEx to use. I would never open a mailbox... someone gets that on video and you are screwed.

I’ve done it because the post office scribbles the house number inside the door, but that is it! Sometimes there’s no house number on the house or mailbox in some of these rural areas.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I thought they were misquoting or something. The article said all the guy was wearing was a vest and some street clothes. Seasonal drivers don't have to wear full uniforms?
All seasonals here wear a Velcro vest with “UPS seasonal helper” on the back, brown with reflective tape on both sides. They no longer use the pullover helper uniforms.