keeb86

I thought they were misquoting or something. The article said all the guy was wearing was a vest and some street clothes. Seasonal drivers don't have to wear full uniforms?

That's the first thing I noticed too. A driver helper vest, not a UPS uniform. All seasonal drivers get full uniforms here.
Unless they rushed him through orientation, I would still think he'd have to wear brown pants and follow appearance guidelines.

Sidenote: These articles prove 2 things.
1) The media will put UPS Driver in the headlines to get clicks then retract it in the article.

2) Corporate UPS will disrespect the union UPS driver position at any given chance, but our low paid "replacements" embarrass the company more.
If they think they will have low income driver helpers in automated cars anytime soon, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

A real UPS driver would never give up their pension and six figure pay for a stupid iPhone. Leave it up to the seasonal help to to screw things up.

keeb86

I thought they were misquoting or something. The article said all the guy was wearing was a vest and some street clothes. Seasonal drivers don't have to wear full uniforms?

That's the first thing I noticed too. A driver helper vest, not a UPS uniform. All seasonal drivers get full uniforms here.
Unless they rushed him through orientation, I would still think he'd have to wear brown pants and follow appearance guidelines.

Sidenote: These articles prove 2 things.
1) The media will put UPS Driver in the headlines to get clicks then retract it in the article.

2) Corporate UPS will disrespect the union UPS driver position at any given chance, but our low paid "replacements" embarrass the company more.
If they think they will have low income driver helpers in automated cars anytime soon, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
All seasonals here wear a Velcro vest with “UPS seasonal helper” on the back, brown with reflective tape on both sides. They no longer use the pullover helper uniforms.

In our center they still use the pullovers

worldwide

In our center they still use the pullovers

giphy.gif

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
no matter what the route is,you are not supposed to be putting packages in mailboxes.
The newer locking mailboxes come in handy sometimes. If you put anything in the old ones, and the mailman came along after you and found it, they would call in and complain. But with the locking ones, they cant see if anything has already been put in there. Useful for when there is too much snow to make it up the driveway.