Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Are you on the 9.5 list

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters
(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How would I resolve this situation without getting on the 9.5?

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How long you been with the company?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
(On topic)

Quit being a pusillanimous and get on the 9.5 list

Simple as that

Siveriano

(im not on the 9.5) but i know to be on the 9.5 or to actually have management of your back take balls.
Im not on top pay and im still a cover driver so the reason why i dont fill for 9.5 is because some times i pick route that run 11 hours.
People on the 9.5 are no lazy, those are people who are financially stable to allow themself to work 45ish hours per week.
and for personal expereince if they were lazy and being over by 200 click im sure management will be ojsing their route all the time.

Ill say try talking to management and tell them you have something to do, i know u can get a 8 hour day now and then if you ask.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Record every day you work outside your area I believe its 20% allowed outside your bid area (I am probably wrong) for up to 30 days(?)

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
@everyone wow thanks for the really helpful advice. If you think UPS sucks so badly, quit; it helps those of us who hate being stuck next to your asses.
I like the money, benefits, meeting people, windshield time, and quick pace. If only manament wouldn't mettle.

Brohn Bron

(On topic)

Get on other routes away from them? Become a faster driver?
Get on the list yourself?

When you figure it out, let me know. Still trying to manage my own feelings about it. My real solution is to roll all that extra work you get, up into more money for yourself (if you have bonus?!)

Brohn Bron

I’m very interested to see how the new contracts 9.5 stipulations affect work load. I would imagine everyone would hop onto the list no matter what since they don’t want to be the sorry soul that gets 300 stops a day and overflow.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
With all the current over-dispatching, I can't understand why anybody wouldn't be on the 9/5 Opt Out List. You have to stand up for yourself, to the company we are all just pieces of equipment that can be replaced when we wear out. If they pay out enough penalty pay, it will be cheaper to put more routes in. If they want to pay out double-time, you are a fool for not taking it. If you aren't on the list, you will get extra stops from the driver nearest you that is. The company does not care about any of it's employees, anybody that doesn't understand this is fooling themselves.

john chesney

(On topic)

Get on the 9.5 list or shut the :censored2: up and take it. You going into management after you drive a week? Mind you own :censored2:ing business

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
(On topic)

Not lazy, smart. Closed mouths don’t get fed. UPS agreed to 9.5 negotiations didn’t they? So using the language makes you lazy? You have a lot to learn brother

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Why is it that as soon as a bid driver goes on vacation, they blow up the dispatch for that route? Well, because they give zero friend’s about the driver covering that route. You would be wise to start having the mindset that it’s pretty much how they run the whole company.

CoolStoryBro

(On topic)

Cool Story Bro.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My wife and I got home tonight from a late Dinner. It was 9:55 pm on a Friday night. There were 2 package cars butted up together 2 houses down with their flashers on. I went into the house and got a couple of cold bottles of water and walked down to them. I figured maybe there was a breakdown. Nope. They told me that they were splitting up some stops so that they could get through earlier. One driver had 40+ stops left. They didn't have this language when I was a PC driver. *This* is why you have 9.5 language. They really appreciated the water. Been there. Done that.