Driver runs over dog in driveway - Leaves note

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol, says every driver who knows he won't get it anyhow!

Whether you get charged for something is a crapshoot. I got charged for bogus reasons but I also had times I should have been charged but center manager said its OK. After a while you quit worrying about it. Especially after the good safety awards went away.

over9five

Staff member
Whether you get charged for something is a crapshoot.
Maybe true, but I think there's more drivers who don't get Circle of Honor because they suck at driving. You hit things, you don't get it. Then they get all incensed, and if they DO ever get Circle of Honor, man, the first thing they'll do is tear those damn patches off because it's all a sham yada yada yada...
That's an insult to those of us who DO drive safely, every day for 25 years and more.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe true, but I think there's more drivers who don't get Circle of Honor because they suck at driving. You hit things, you don't get it. Then they get all incensed, and if they DO ever get Circle of Honor, man, the first thing they'll do is tear those damn patches off because it's all a sham yada yada yada...
That's an insult to those of us who DO drive safely, every day for 25 years and more.

It is still WAY easier for a feeder driver than a package driver fighting city traffic.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
images-1.jpg
I soooo hope the driver left a delivery note hooked over the dogs fang!

Last edited:

oldupsman

The difference here is whether the dog was hit on a public road or in their private driveway. Public road they are fair game. Private driveway it is our fault, whether it was our fault or not.

It was out on the road. The main reason I wasn't the least bit concerned.

Did his Circle of Honor patch have an asterisk?
Circle of honor patch is a joke... If I get that someday I would have my wife take off the patches... I don't feel like walking around with patches on my uniform being a wantabe hot shot....although I might keep the small dinky 25 year coin medallion on the door of the rig... You can barely see it anyway...

Damn shame. The Circle of Honor used to be a great gig in my district. Banquet meal, open bar, live music
all night, free room overnight and full breakfast in the morning. It was really something guys wanted to achieve.
Now it's all gone. Big mistake.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
a suicide note from the dog?
I swear I had an old dog commit suicide once. He just laid in the driveway and never moved I guess. They had a second dog that was chasing after the truck and I was making sure I didn't hit it. Never saw the one laying in the road.

Inthegame

I swear I had an old dog commit suicide once. He just laid in the driveway and never moved I guess. They had a second dog that was chasing after the truck and I was making sure I didn't hit it. Never saw the one laying in the road.
I'm saying no reason to deal with the homeowner unless they witnessed it.

But I also wouldn't give it a second thought. Control your dogs and they won't get run over.
Was the dog that "just laid in the driveway" out of control?
Good thing it wasn't a kid laying there, playing with that out of control animal.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Was the dog that "just laid in the driveway" out of control?
Good thing it wasn't a kid laying there, playing with that out of control animal.
Was it tied up or inside? No then they didn't have control of it.

I'd pay a little more attention if children were outside. But kids don't tend to run after vehicles and bite at the tires. Running over a dog or cat? Frankly I couldn't care less. Not gonna bat an eye about it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good thing it wasn't Chauncey underneath those Package Car wheels.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yes obviously, some of you guys here never saw Old Yellah!
You really should ,, it's a classic and on the approved " Man List"
To shed a tear!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Damn shame. The Circle of Honor used to be a great gig in my district. Banquet meal, open bar, live music
all night, free room overnight and full breakfast in the morning. It was really something guys wanted to achieve.
Now it's all gone. Big mistake.
hookers???

Last edited: