Driver runs over dog in driveway - Leaves note

J

jibbs

True story. Had the same route for 25+. New people move in one of the small developments.
Little miserable dog always loose. Whole neighborhood hates it. Chases me everyday. Don't care
if I hit it or not. One day I do. Dead. Couple neighbors saw it happen. Nobody upset.
Drag it to their back door, put a delivery notice on it with
our center number.

Never heard a peep. Except from my local cop 2 days later. He said, "Thanks, dog was a pain
in my ass."

That's some straight up bull:censored2:. I don't let my dogs run around outside the fence but if they somehow got out and a driver repeated what you or the driver referred to in the OP did? My brother, that driver better change routes by the next day.

Granted I don't know the specific circumstances here, just speakin' with my heart on my sleeve, and when it comes to my little wolfpack I don't know what I'd do without it happening.... but I'm leaning towards the violent end of the spectrum given past experience.

We are humans. Dogs are animals.

Did you grow up with a dog? DogS, plural?

Humans are animals, too, slave-o, and we're supposed to be capable of empathy. Your lack of it towards dogs leads me to a few assumptions, but I'll just leave ya with my initial question because your response coming from someone who (my words, not yours) "just doesn't like dogs" doesn't carry any weight with me and makes you sound kind of...

nahhhh, :censored2: it, I'll just leave you with the question plus a li'l extra.. Dogs. Grow up with 'em? Have 'em in the house?

Things are different when they go from being just an animal to your family's protector, your child's bodyguard, your friend when you've nowhere else to go, and generally just part of the family. "Animals," lmao. Every time you have a conversation you're engaging in animalistic behavior, because you're an animal despite how civilized we may be as a race. Maybe you meant intelligence was the determining factor for you? You know, sentience? But I find it strange that that would be your point since you struggled to articulate it, so no, no that can't be it...

You got me confused, man. Why is one animal's life more valuable than another's? I'm honestly trying to think this one through here, and we haven't even broken into the fact that we're talking about another mammalian species.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldupsman

That's some straight up bull:censored2:. I don't let my dogs run around outside the fence but if they somehow got out and a driver repeated what you or the driver referred to in the OP did? My brother, that driver better change routes by the next day.

Granted I don't know the specific circumstances here, just speakin' with my heart on my sleeve, and when it comes to my little wolfpack I don't know what I'd do without it happening.... but I'm leaning towards the violent end of the spectrum given past experience.

Hey I'm a dog lover. Have had 6 so far in my life that have died of old age. Got two more right now. This dog
was constantly running loose chasing every vehicle that came down the road. The owner did absolutely
nothing about it. What was I suppose to do? Put my package car into a tree? Everybody in the neighborhood
knew it was going to happen. Just a matter of when and who would do it.

Over 70

[EDIT:

Humans are animals, too, slave-o, and we're supposed to be capable of empathy. Your lack of it towards dogs leads me to a few assumptions, but I'll just leave ya with my initial question because your response coming from someone who (my words, not yours) "just doesn't like dogs" doesn't carry any weight with me and makes you sound kind of...

nahhhh, :censored2: it, I'll just leave you with the question plus a li'l extra.. Dogs. Grow up with 'em? Have 'em in the house?

Things are different when they go from being just an animal to your family's protector, your child's bodyguard, your friend when you've nowhere else to go, and generally just part of the family. "Animals," lmao. Every time you have a conversation you're engaging in animalistic behavior, because you're an animal despite how civilized we may be as a race. Maybe you meant intelligence was the determining factor for you? You know, sentience? But I find it strange that that would be your point since you struggled to articulate it, so no, no that can't be it...

u2YN.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hear you, bro. A personal touch in delivering the message would go a long way as opposed to what was mentioned in the OP and what I assumed you said you had done as well since your situation was so similar.

Kill a dog, leave a note, come back the next day business as usual? Nahhhhhh, buddy, that's not how that would play out.

giphy.gif

Yeah, my meme and pic game is way more on-point, bro. Let's keep goin', though. Only, when we back and forth try to find stuff that you don't see posted over and over and over again on this site, because that schlitz just makes it too easy.
fleshlight???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

[EDIT:

You got me confused, man. Why is one animal's life more valuable than another's? I'm honestly trying to think this one through here, and we haven't even broken into the fact that we're talking about another mammalian species.
Yeah I had a dog growing up. But I don't see how some random dog dying is supposed to effect me.

Just like I have a mother. When she dies off course it will effect me but some other 55 year old in Maine dying? Nope doesn't effect me.

J

jibbs

Yeah I had a dog growing up. But I don't see how some random dog dying is supposed to effect me.

Just like I have a mother. When she dies off course it will effect me but some other 55 year old in Maine dying? Nope doesn't effect me.

Ok, cool, so some common ground here.

Now imagine a random dude backed up over your dog growing up (or your one now, if you have one). Picked up the carcass, left it on the side of the house and left a note. How would you honestly feel? (and yes, I have an expectation of your answer here but it won't surprise me either way.)

Alright, now you mentioned your mom dying, right? That bothered you? Why? She's just an animal, bro, just like your dogs. Just another hole to dig, right?

Well if you insist....

giphy.gif