Driver runs over dog in driveway - Leaves note

Over 70

Ok, cool, so some common ground here.

Now imagine a random dude backed up over your dog growing up (or your one now, if you have one). Picked up the carcass, left it on the side of the house and left a note. How would you honestly feel? (and yes, I have an expectation of your answer here but it won't surprise me either way.)

Alright, now you mentioned your mom dying, right? That bothered you? Why? She's just an animal, bro, just like your dogs. Just another hole to dig, right?

Well if you insist....

giphy.gif

Hey Bra, regardless of being upset, an emotionally balanced, reasonably mature person wouldn't be out for blood the next day.

No need to go Rougned Odor over it

i.jpg

J

jibbs

Hey Bra, regardless of being upset, an emotionally balanced, reasonably mature person wouldn't be out for blood the next day.

No need to go Rougned Odor over it

View attachment 129406

Rougned Odor?

I'm more of a Patrick Bateman kind of guy when it comes to emotionally-charged retribution,

giphy.gif

and you're kind of making an assumption by thinking that just because I can type well I'm emotionally balanced and, "reasonably mature?" Well, that goes back to the whole nature vs. nurture argument on what you consider a "mature reaction" when something you consider family is killed in this fashion. That's something we call "subjective," and one's opinion'll be different from person to person.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok, cool, so some common ground here.

Now imagine a random dude backed up over your dog growing up (or your one now, if you have one). Picked up the carcass, left it on the side of the house and left a note. How would you honestly feel? (and yes, I have an expectation of your answer here but it won't surprise me either way.)

Alright, now you mentioned your mom dying, right? That bothered you? Why? She's just an animal, bro, just like your dogs. Just another hole to dig, right?
I'd be upset my dog died but I have zero expectation for the driver or some random person to feel compassion for the situation. I don't see why it would effect them.

If I hit a dog in the road (I have twice) I'm not going to bother letting the homeowner know about it unless they were there to witness it. I'm going to call my management team and tell them I hit a dog and go about my day.

J

jibbs

I'd be upset my dog died but I have zero expectation for the driver or some random person to feel compassion for the situation. I don't see why it would effect them.

If I hit a dog in the road (I have twice) I'm not going to bother letting the homeowner know about it unless they were there to witness it. I'm going to call my management team and tell them I hit a dog and go about my day.

Oh, I totally get that. I'm not saying the driver should feel guilty (unless it was deliberate and avoidable) and I apologize if it came off that way.

I was moreso looking at it from the perspective of the person who lost their dog.

I do kind of disagree about letting the owner know, though, or more how you say you'd go about it. That's your business, though. I just feel like a note or a phone call would not suffice for somethin' like this, if it were to happen to me, which it didn't so, again, I don't know all the circumstances with all youse guys's :censored2:.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh, I totally get that. I'm not saying the driver should feel guilty (unless it was deliberate and avoidable) and I apologize if it came off that way.

I was moreso looking at it from the perspective of the person who lost their dog.
And the person whose dog that got hit is probably going to be super emotional about the situation. That's why I'm not going to deal with them.

My dad hit a puppy running loose in the road about 30 years ago. He got out to apologize. The man was so ape :censored2: that he almost threw my dad off the bridge that he hit the puppy on. My dad can't swim.

In hindsight he should of never got out of his vehicle.

J

jibbs

And the person whose dog it is being super emotional about the situation is why I'm not going to deal with them.

My dad hit a puppy running lose in the road about 30 years ago. He got out to apologize. The man was so ape :censored2: that he almost threw my dad off the bridge that he hit the puppy on. My dad can't swim.

In hindsight he should of never got out of his vehicle.

Yeah... That sounds about right.

I've always been one to own up to my actions and think others should do the same, and passing the information secondhand through a grapevine isn't the way to go about it. That's how emotions bottle up until they burst, instead of dealing with the situation right then and there.

Every situation's different, though, and it's up to those involved to use their own discretion as to how to handle something best. Just want to point out that I absolutely recognize that.

Over 70

Rougned Odor?

I'm more of a Patrick Bateman kind of guy when it comes to emotionally-charged retribution,

giphy.gif

and you're kind of making an assumption by thinking that just because I can type well I'm emotionally balanced and, "reasonably mature?" Well, that goes back to the whole nature vs. nurture argument on what you consider a "mature reaction" when something you consider family is killed in this fashion. That's something we call "subjective," and one's opinion'll be different from person to person.

anigif_enhanced-25682-1395871179-16.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No but that thing was notorious for exhaust leaks. Got a nice buzz after I froze my ass off putting them on.
If it had the low plastic wheel covers and mud flaps then that was probably a huge pain in the ass... When I chain up a Tractor I always take the mudflaps off makes it 100x easier... Especially if you're putting 3 railers on duals..

oldupsman

I hear you, bro. A personal touch in delivering the message would go a long way as opposed to what was mentioned in the OP and what I assumed you said you had done as well since your situation was so similar.

Kill a dog, leave a note, come back the next day business as usual? Nahhhhhh, buddy, that's not how that would play out.

Why? Obviously the owner didn't give a damn or he would have called. For all I knew maybe the guy figured
I did him a favor.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If it had the low plastic wheel covers and mud flaps then that was probably a huge pain in the ass... When I chain up a Tractor I always take the mudflaps off makes it 100x easier... Especially if you're putting 3 railers on duals..
It was an old POS, not too bad to get them on because it was about as far from road worthy as a vehicle can be and still run.

The cherry on top though was the trailer brakes freezing.

J

jibbs

Why? Obviously the owner didn't give a damn or he would have called. For all I knew maybe the guy figured
I did him a favor.

"For all you know."

Because you don't know. You're just searchin' for a diamond in a pile of * to reason with yourself, because I'm pretty sure my opinion's been well-stated and is unwavering.

Last edited by a moderator:

wayfair

swollen member
I had a dog owner offer me $100 to hit his nuisance dog that chases my PC up and down the street...

I told him no way I was going to do that.

When the old guy(dog) is out and coming after PC, I stop and barely idle away. He will get bored or tired after 100 yards

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You can't possibly be serious.

If the owner wants to file a lawsuit for us hitting their dog in the street no one is stopping them
But they are gonna lose.

Once that dog hits the street it's no different than hitting a squirrel or a deer.
Depends on local law.
In some rural counties, if you hit a cow on the road, you are liable.
Special interest lobbying efforts.