Drivers Working Preload (“Extra Work”) But Going Home After Poll

Is it ok when a driver works preload “extra work” then uses seniority to go home as an extra driver?

• No. They already reported to work therefore aren’t an extra driver.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes, seniority rules.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • It’s not a contract violation but is morally wrong. They are screwing others out of extra work.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overpaid Union Thug

Problem is seniority has been perverted into "how can I screw my fellow worker."

It's no longer just us against them. Its us against them unless I can work something out under the table.

Man isn’t that the truth? In our center its the the same guys that used to work during their scheduled vacations that are signing up for extra work and then taking a layoff on their route. I just don’t understand the mindset of those people. They are so quirky. At least we were able to stop that BS in our building.

This “extra work” then lay off nonsense might be here to stay though. Seniority is a great thing and each and every person that works at UPS ends up using it but in this scenario those individuals are essentially using their seniority to exploit a loophole and screwing their union “brothers” out of money in the process. I am a firm believer in karma though. The looks on their faces the instant they find out that, due to manning issues, they are going to have to run their route after all is priceless. Especially on a Friday. LOL