Drones to help Package Drivers look like Feeder Drivers

Faceplanted

I am a skilled tradesmen as well aka ex-certified mechanic. Upstate u have no clue about anything engineering or mechanic related

This stuff is all doable as we speak. A little more maitnance will be required but it's doable

FYI these drones have sensors all over, they won't hit anything.

Keep saying it won't happen guys.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

I sure hope you aren't serious. The only way it could possibly save time is if that thing could carry 10 rural stops and meet the truck at a location by itself. That's if the driver didn't have to program all the stops......and that isn't happening in my lifetime.
All of this will be pre programmed with an Orion type system. While at a stop, Orion will instruct the driver which package to load into the drone. The drone will leave and meet the driver later.

They can also setup a charging system to recharge the drone while in the drone dock on top of the truck

From how it appears this type of system can be retro fitted.

JackStraw

Only 10 pounds? And it looks like it can only handle small packages. Yup that,s every pkg I get. looks like another perfect world development that gets put in an imperfect world and the drive will have to make it work.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My question is, if the drone is sent to 15xx Something Road, and the actual residence is 200 yards off the road, where will it drop the package?

Google maps are good, but far from perfect. If the residence is under a tree canopy and was never really photographed, what happens?