Dumbest accidents/mistakes you've made as a driver

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Perhaps you forgot to mention it but I couldn't help but notice that you did not notify management of your "incident" in a timely manner.

Kind of hard to pass off a missing windshield on to the car wash.
I did call in initially to tell them I had broken the window. As far as getting cleared to kick it out...sometimes its better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. Times have changed in the 20+ years since then and its probably not a choice I would make again today.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Few weeks after I went full time on my training route. got back to bldg, ready to punch out around 18:00, and realized I had a stop in pre-record... 35 pieces total, 11 were NDA... was a nervous wreck next morning in office...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Few weeks after I went full time on my training route. got back to bldg, ready to punch out around 18:00, and realized I had a stop in pre-record... 35 pieces total, 11 were NDA... was a nervous wreck next morning in office...

I think at that point I would have answered "N" to complete work in EDD and just punched out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I too have been a scavenger on my route. A few of my kids bikes have come from trash day. And quite a few other toys and playground type stuff. My one buddy makes fun of me for it because "we make enough money, why dumpster dive." Uh, because I put a tube an tire on a bike for $10 or I can buy a new bike for $50-100. Seems no-nonsense to me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was a scavenger also---big time. I picked up hundreds of bungee cords, life jackets, and complete coolers (I wouldn't stop for just a cooler lid)---also boat cushions. Being I live in a big time tourist area Monday was the best "pickin" day. It seems like the tourists were especially lazy about tying down stuff on their boats and pontoons before heading back to the big city on Sunday evening. Also lots of wrenches that people had laid on their truck bumper after tightening up their trailer hitch ball. I've also transported lots of sheet rock, plywood, 2 X 6's, 2 X 4's and other building materials. One day I bought a motorcycle on route and I hauled it around for half a day before dropping it of at a friends house. Also a 17 foot canoe (had to leave the back door open for that one).

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Have you ever driven off and forgot to put the top on the pea bottle? Thank God cardboard absorbs the smell, my dna was all over that route on that day. Heres one and i hate to admit to it but here goes, i only had a can to go in , put it up front and later accidently took a sip and almost threw up. Salty!
Several times. Pee smell does absorb. And yes left a can up front and forgot I peeed in it. Very salty with a thick texture. Didn't swallow but a little.