Early AM

upschuck

Would you rather have UPS return the package to the shipper if it was not delivered on time? I am sure some oily lawyers have looked into this.
I'd rather get the service that I purchased, all other guaranteed services are delivered late, no reason for those not to be delivered as well.

I have gotten people total refunds for 2D Sat packages that were delivered on Monday, because supposedly we don't del that service in parts of Atlanta. If that is done, missed commit EAMs would be refunded too.

brown metal coffin

Are you sure about that? I would definitely complain, since I paid for guaranteed service, and that service was not given, I expect my money back, not another service that they offer, that I didn't want, with that price charged. Seems like that could easily be a class action suit if that were the case. I'm sure the squeaky wheel would be oiled in this case.

Im only going by what I have been told. I personally have not experienced it but I believe it to be true. They only refund you the difference. But I have requested a refund for a next day air and got the full amount and not the difference between that and saver.

Hold on 1 sec... you have inspired me to call the 800# twice and get a response...

Ok Im back... You are correct if no attempt is made you get a full refund for EAM even if it gets there before 1030

If they are closed when you attempt but attempt and deliver before 1030 then you still get charged the whole EAM amount.

It would seem that some supervisors in our center are not on the same page with UPS customer service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Refunds for premium products are only for the difference between the level of service requested and the next lower level offered. In this case, it would be the difference between EAM and NDA.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you sure about that? I would definitely complain, since I paid for guaranteed service, and that service was not given, I expect my money back, not another service that they offer, that I didn't want, with that price charged. Seems like that could easily be a class action suit if that were the case. I'm sure the squeaky wheel would be oiled in this case.
Yep if we fail to make service you only get refunded the difference in the service you paid for and the service you received.

oldngray

nowhere special
As long as the first attempt is made on time there is no refund. UPS will just have the regular driver attempt to deliver it again later.

HBGPreloader

Two of the regular PC drivers, whose cars I load, deliver the early AMs. Overall, I think there are ~6 drivers who deliver the AMs and run their regular routes too.
They were complaining about something this morning. But, it wasn't about losing these deliveries.