eBay switch to ups

AKCoverMan

So why do you think, its ok for the USPS to be getting effed in the A by Amazon?

What’s not ok about it is that usps is offering a service at a rate far below the cost of actually providing the service. If an airline was offering to sell tickets to Hawaii in first class for $100 round trip, you as consumer would simply say “Aloha, suckers!😏” (I mean in like normal non covid times of course.) Would you be guilty of “effing the airline in the A”? Nope, you would be proud you got a deal. At least until the airline folded and left you stranded... then you would probably be mad at the airline for failing.

AKCoverMan

While I think there is room in the delivery market for both USPS and UPS I for one do not envy the USPS person who has to stop at EVERY box to stuff it with "junk-mail" while the UPS person only has to go to their stops and not every address.

Actuality my experience has been a dramatic drop in junk mail over past couple of years, my wild ass guess is because it simply is a waste of time, nobody reads it anyway. Exception: recent couple weeks getting tons of election campaign junk mail apparently those running for office don’t get that average Americans toss junk mail in the recycle bin or trash immediately.

The first class letter mail I get is almost all bank statements, credit card statements, utility bills, etc all of which is old news by the time it as it’s all available on line. Every company I do business with wants me to opt out of paper statements mailed to home. Things were different in 1820 and 1920 then now in 2020...

AKCoverMan

Now here’s an idea.. if usps is not going to service a particular address perhaps their systems should be made to not print labels to these locations. Just say up front that you don’t go there.

For that matter ups should not accept a package addressed to “P. O. Box xxxxxx” but we do. However, in our case we do make an attempt to correct the address to a known physical address and complete the delivery.

Mack37

By the way what is APWU and what is TTO? Guessing APWU is another Union but if so why does your union allow so much work to go to non union sub sub sub contractors? I’m guessing the reason my rural contract carrier won’t deliver to me is simply no motivation to do any work because he is getting paid 💩

Wht sub contracting work are you referring to exactly??

So why do you think, its ok for the USPS to be getting effed in the A by Amazon?

Supposedly Amazon was 1.6 billion in profit last year for USPS. You all shouldn’t listen to everything daddy Trump tells ya.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

Supposedly Amazon was 1.6 billion in profit last year for USPS. You all shouldn’t listen to everything daddy Trump tells ya.

I think he is talking about all the feeder work that is subcontracted out.

AKCoverMan

So called postal “rural” routes like the one I live on. I found USPS service better when I lived where a real USPS mail carrier delivered. Packages either in cluster box or on my door. But this contractor doesn’t even take packages on road. As I said I’m guessing he isn’t compensated enough to care.

Mack37

So called postal “rural” routes like the one I live on. I found USPS service better when I lived where a real USPS mail carrier delivered. Packages either in cluster box or on my door. But this contractor doesn’t even take packages on road. As I said I’m guessing he isn’t compensated enough to care.

Those aren’t contractors, I explained that before. They are rural carriers, they are employees. They do not wear uniforms or drive LLV’s for the most part but they are still employees.

AKCoverMan

Those aren’t contractors, I explained that before. They are rural carriers, they are employees. They do not wear uniforms or drive LLV’s for the most part but they are still employees.

So why do they drive personal vehicles? Are you telling me these rural drivers are union employees with full wages and benefits? That makes the non delivery of packages worse. I was giving my carrier a bit of a pass because I figured he was low ball contractor. The Mgr at the PO when I complained told me they were contract carriers.

Mack37

So why do they drive personal vehicles? Are you telling me these rural drivers are union employees with full wages and benefits? That makes the non delivery of packages worse. I was giving my carrier a bit of a pass because I figured he was low ball contractor. The Mgr at the PO when I complained told me they were contract carriers.

Rural carriers almost always drive their own vehicles and do not wear a uniform. It’s a weird job, not one I would want. Maybe the package delivery is worse BECAUSE they are union employees with full wages and benefits 🤣.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They have different unions within the post office. I think rural carriers are in a different union than city carriers. Then theres inside workers, clerks, and whatever else.

Also, rural carriers are not paid by the hour, really. Every so often, their management does "route counts" and sees how long it takes, and thats how much theyre paid. Typically, days they do counts, theyll hold off surepost, smartpost, and whatever else to make the route run smoother.

AKCoverMan

All I know is we are tired of not getting our packages that USPS refuses to deliver, and I am tired of hearing complaints from customers who say if seller sends it USPS it’s not ever going to arrive. And I am tired of my tax dollars going to support it.

Mack37

All I know is we are tired of not getting our packages that USPS refuses to deliver, and I am tired of hearing complaints from customers who say if seller sends it USPS it’s not ever going to arrive. And I am tired of my tax dollars going to support it.

Yeah well for the most part, your tax dollars aren’t going anywhere near USPS. You also live in Alaska I’m guessing? Your experiences aren’t very typical of most Americans.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah well for the most part, your tax dollars aren’t going anywhere near USPS. You also live in Alaska I’m guessing? Your experiences aren’t very typical of most Americans.

Didn’t The U.S. Treasury (tax dollar funded) give the USPS a $10 billion “loan” this year???

Anger at the USPS for refusing to ACTUALLY deliver packages (or mail) to their homes is increasing in my state. Any new residential neighborhoods have to have “mail islands” installed by developers (which is utter BS) or the residents have to go to the local post office to retrieve their stuff. LOL! And the word on the street is that policy will be implemented nationwide eventually. Pathetic!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We do about 10x as much on our Ebay store and

1. UPS will never be as good as USPS for what we need, and
2. UPS will never be secure enough for what we need.

At least with the USPS the handlers put their careers on the line. At UPS, the guy handling my rare gold is the same :censored2: stealing protein bars from the locker room. Pass, pass, pass.

We have a business plan ready to implement in case we lose USPS. Other carriers are just not an option.

I super recommend anyone interested in this check out Ebay forums or see what power sellers of gold and silver have to say.

It is going to be as much of a disaster on Ebay's end as it will UPS. And surprise! The customers and sellers will have to pay for them being monsters. I hope all these :censored2:ers get wrecked by covid, crooked :censored2:s.
I've always told people if the value of the item divided by the weight is low then shipping UPS is probably the best option, gold is the last thing I would recommend lol.

Ebay is full of expensive useless trinkets.

But really it's mysterious what goes on to create damages. I havr never once had a damaged every plate or blue apron but literally tens to more than a hundered damaged hello freshes.

Mack37

Didn’t The U.S. Treasury (tax dollar funded) give the USPS a $10 billion “loan” this year???

Anger at the USPS for refusing to ACTUALLY deliver packages (or mail) to their homes is increasing in my state. Any new residential neighborhoods have to have “mail islands” installed by developers (which is utter BS) or the residents have to go to the local post office to retrieve their stuff. LOL! And the word on the street is that policy will be implemented nationwide eventually. Pathetic!

The airlines got billions and billions this last stimulus as well. You going to scream at them next time you buy a ticket and hop on the plane? Maybe we should nationalize the airlines? Hate to single them out as lots of industries got billions but there ya go. I’m assuming you’ve never mentioned USPS and tax money in the same sentence until this year, right?

Cluster boxes are becoming the norm as it saves money. You want to scream about USPS losing money and inefficiency but when they employ costs cutting measures it becomes a problem. This is why nothing will ever change, Americans are fickle. Call your Congressman if you have a problem.