EDD

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Actually.....more often then not I get the "Great it's the smiling UPS guy, not the grumpy one". Obviously not verbatim but you get the idea I hope.

My customers love me.....I do the little extra things others do not. Biggest reason? I don't bitch and complain about my job to them every day.

You regular guys may think the sympathetic to your problems when in reality they could care less and would love to have that $70,000 a year problem.

You keep doing what your doing, I'll keep doing what I'm doing. It's obviously working for both of us and we both are happy with our job. :rolleyes:

There are far, far more smiling, helpful UPS guys than grumpy, I hate my job types. Why are you trying to sell yourself as something that is rare; most UPS drivers are very good. Also; I doubt many if any drivers complain to their customers about how much they are paid! Always a few bad apples, but your views are friend'd up. Sweetheart, you're dime a dozen...get over it

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ok,

I can see this has become one of those lovely bashing each other type of threads..:biting:

I know that some of these subjects can get heated and our emotions tend to get fueled up, but please back off on the personal attacks and have a more respectable debate.

Thanks,

Tony

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I can't believe that TieGuy has not chimed in on this thread yet. As far as getting your DOL right get with the PAS Sup in the morning right after Peak and maybe he'll get it fixed for you. I know the on car Sup's are not graded on area trace, pickup compliance etc. so unless they are really good and care about your ability to serve the customers you will be living in a dream world.

BigBrownSanta

I'll tell you how a driver in my center got his trace fixed. He asked for the DOL, then went home and put the list into an Excel file, then cut and pasted the list until it was in order.

He then took the list in to work and asked to be paid for 4 hours at the OT rate.

It took over 6 months for management to finally pay him, but eventually they did. He then handed in the updated list.

There's still a few quirks on his route, but at least it got fixed and he got paid for doing it.

bokitch

Hey
Everybody EDD is here ... I dont see UPS removing after the millons spent on it... so you should just suck it up and work with your management team to make it better for you and the cover drivers, that run your route.. It takes about 1hour to fix the route the way it needs to be.

VTBrown

Your preaching to people who fail to understand or just do not want it to come between their material for complaining.

softshoe

You go ahead and keep playing the "poor me" card. No one loves me because I won't run my lunch - not that it matters anymore since if we run it we don't "lose" that hour.

Perhaps your just fighting it?

Some honest observations of it?

If your trace is screwed up? Get with management to fix it - yup that's right it will not get better until YOU take some time to go over it with your team and get it rewritten. Obviously be prepared that the way you ran the route before may not be how it will be run in the future.

The load will eventually be loaded much better then anything ever done pre-pal by anyone but the BEST preloaders. Come on now...complaining about packages on the wrong shelfs is being a bit silly considering how loads have always been in the past. At least now with EDD you have an idea whats supposed to be in the truck.

Misloads are going to keep happening until they start forcing the preloaders to read both the pal and address label to confirm they are the same as well as knowing what truck number they are putting the package into. We have some preloaders who misload Very very few - then we have some that do three to four daily. Is that a system problem or worker?

As far as Walmart being mispal'd? Other then being an obvious mistake to the customer how does it make YOU any unsafer if you are following proper procedures for securing your vehicle in the "ghetto"?

I fail to see how your going to 10 stops a day 2 or 3 times throughout the day unless they are all mispal'd. Edd will tell you what you have and how many for those stops. Even if they are mispal'd those usually happen that way every time and it would not be long before I figured out to go through EDD and look to see if there are a few more with a wrong pal.

Bottom line is...EDD works and works as well as can be expected. If you take the time to work to have your's fixed it's a wonderful thing - if not? Well fight the system and live with it. The choice is yours.....it's here to stay.

We do give managment feedback everyday, nothing gets done we have a poor management team...

Ok I'm sick and tired of people saying it's the drivers' responsibility to fix area trace. That is absurd! UPS sends these IE geeks into our centers to stare at maps and gps images of the area only for them to totally screw half the routes up and then has the nerve to tell us to fix it? LOL! It should have been done right the first time. They should have asked for our input during the process and not after. Now when we complain we only hear "Well fix it then." as if that line was rehearsed and is a scapegoat for the problem. I've told our management team of plenty of problems on several routes and nothing is ever done about them and other drivers have said the same thing. And they expect us to go over the problem on our own time. LOL! If I'm not going to sit there and help trace an area and not get paid for it. Especially considering it was IE responsibilty to get it done right the first time. There are only two or three drivers in our center that have gotten management and IE to listen and actually fix their routes. They had to come in on their own time though and weren't getting paid. Well wouldn't ya know it.....it was the same guys that run and skip lunch every day. They are used to working for free for an hour every day so why not.

As far as the PAL labels and all that goes.....having EDD/PAS has given preload sups the perfect excuse to not train people anymore. They just tell them to read the PAL and place the package on the assigned shelf and on the floor if it wont fit. They don't bother to train them to load the floor lower sequence numbers to higher from front to back. Or not to stack higher numbers on top of lower sequence numbers. This is done because the mentallity is that it's the driver's responsibility to fix it. Just like trace in EDD.

Ok I'm sick and tired of people saying it's the drivers' responsibility to fix area trace. That is absurd! UPS sends these IE geeks into our centers to stare at maps and gps images of the area only for them to totally screw half the routes up and then has the nerve to tell us to fix it? LOL! It should have been done right the first time. They should have asked for our input during the process and not after. Now when we complain we only hear "Well fix it then." as if that line was rehearsed and is a scapegoat for the problem. I've told our management team of plenty of problems on several routes and nothing is ever done about them and other drivers have said the same thing. And they expect us to go over the problem on our own time. LOL! If I'm not going to sit there and help trace an area and not get paid for it. Especially considering it was IE responsibilty to get it done right the first time. There are only two or three drivers in our center that have gotten management and IE to listen and actually fix their routes. They had to come in on their own time though and weren't getting paid. Well wouldn't ya know it.....it was the same guys that run and skip lunch every day. They are used to working for free for an hour every day so why not.

As far as the PAL labels and all that goes.....having EDD/PAS has given preload sups the perfect excuse to not train people anymore. They just tell them to read the PAL and place the package on the assigned shelf and on the floor if it wont fit. They don't bother to train them to load the floor lower sequence numbers to higher from front to back. Or not to stack higher numbers on top of lower sequence numbers. This is done because the mentallity is that it's the driver's responsibility to fix it. Just like trace in EDD.

Man you or right on management keeps saying they will fix the problems, but they dont, i just wonder what they do in the office all day, i know on fridays they seem to all dissapear after noon, golf course, lake, etc, while us drivers are out there struggling with the new EDD system.

reydluap

I haven't posted on this sight for a while now. The name calling and negativity runs rampant here any more.

But I have to agree with a lot of what VT is stating here. The Company boys came in and changed us old dogs game and left us to fix it. YOU and I have to face the facts. PAS is here to stay. How YOU deal with it makes or breaks YOUR life.

I chose in the beginning to get my DOL and go over it repeatedly when the PAS team was setting up the trace. Others in my Center chose to bitch and fight the system. They still grumble every day. While I am as happy as can be. Trace is 95 to 100% accurate EVERY DAY.

Also, when the IE Time Study Team came in to time study my area. I actually gained 20 minutes time allowance to my route. For me, PAS is the best thing UPS EVER did! I enjoy going on the route and having a good laugh every day with my customers.

Here is what I don't understand..........You can log on this sight and BITCH about PAS every night on your own time........but you can't take the same amount of time and fix YOUR route. It's YOUR life folks! Take the reins and get a grip! You can gripe your way through life or fix the problems you're facing and enjoy it. If YOU have a problem....do something about it! Life is too short.

A company boy..I'm not. 30 years of Brown has taught me to choose my battles. Winning the battle with MY route helped ME, fighting the war to resolve all of PAS's problems can't be done by one man alone.

You are right, i and other drivers have a good attitude, i have went over trace time and time again, and nothing in my trace changes, if i ran my route like the edd says too it would take me 2 hours longer at the end of day with many businesses missed, so what do you do if management just wont work with you feedback?

reydluap

brianbrown.

Go to the Center manager. Ask nicely if you can see him in his office for a few minutes. Show him your trace problem as it has been given to him/her. Then show him/her the changes you can make to make the day go smoother for both you and him/her. Have the facts in front of you when you confront him/her. If you don't cop the attitude that many drivers show and act civil, you will be surprised at the response you will get. Think of it this way, if every driver came up to you and whined every day,you would blow them off also. Why would management be any different? You receive what you give in life. If by chance,he'she won't help you. Tell them nicely that you would like to meet with the district manager to show your case.

Overpaid Union Thug

I haven't posted on this sight for a while now. The name calling and negativity runs rampant here any more.

But I have to agree with a lot of what VT is stating here. The Company boys came in and changed us old dogs game and left us to fix it. YOU and I have to face the facts. PAS is here to stay. How YOU deal with it makes or breaks YOUR life.

I chose in the beginning to get my DOL and go over it repeatedly when the PAS team was setting up the trace. Others in my Center chose to bitch and fight the system. They still grumble every day. While I am as happy as can be. Trace is 95 to 100% accurate EVERY DAY.

Also, when the IE Time Study Team came in to time study my area. I actually gained 20 minutes time allowance to my route. For me, PAS is the best thing UPS EVER did! I enjoy going on the route and having a good laugh every day with my customers.

Here is what I don't understand..........You can log on this sight and BITCH about PAS every night on your own time........but you can't take the same amount of time and fix YOUR route. It's YOUR life folks! Take the reins and get a grip! You can gripe your way through life or fix the problems you're facing and enjoy it. If YOU have a problem....do something about it! Life is too short.

A company boy..I'm not. 30 years of Brown has taught me to choose my battles. Winning the battle with MY route helped ME, fighting the war to resolve all of PAS's problems can't be done by one man alone.

That sounds all nice and dandy but that only works if both sides participate. The reason people complain about it here is because nothing is being done when we complain about it there (at work). Going into work with a "I'm going to fix it attitidude" is great but the best attititude in the world doesn't work if the people on the recieving end resist. Hence all the bitching and whining here. Many of our drivers gave up a few months ago and just starting running on trace no matter how silly it is and how many extra miles and hours they log. One driver was approached by management for "running over" so many times and he just told them that he ran the route according to EDD and that he had tried numerous times to get them to fix it and they didn't seem to care. He told them that since they didn't seem to care then he stopped caring. Is that a bad attitude? Yeah maybe but it seems to reflect theirs. Otherwise they'd listen more.

govols019

You smell that?
Yeah, spend that time working on getting the route right only to have to go through it all again every time you get a new dispatch supervisor.

reydluap

I'll stick to my post. ATTITUDE is everything. If management has seen nothing but bitching from their employees, they will build a wall to shield themselves from it. YOU have to take the initiative to take the high ground. Again I state, without the attitude, ask the Center Manager if you can take a moment of their time to talk. Be civil, state that you haven't seen eye to eye in the past but you really want to try and correct some issues on your route. then propose some changes that will benifit both your performance and his operation report. Both sides will be winners on this deal. Once the DOL is corrected, the dispatch sup has nothing to change.

Just try it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'll stick to my post. ATTITUDE is everything. If management has seen nothing but bitching from their employees, they will build a wall to shield themselves from it. YOU have to take the initiative to take the high ground. Again I state, without the attitude, ask the Center Manager if you can take a moment of their time to talk. Be civil, state that you haven't seen eye to eye in the past but you really want to try and correct some issues on your route. then propose some changes that will benifit both your performance and his operation report. Both sides will be winners on this deal. Once the DOL is corrected, the dispatch sup has nothing to change.

Just try it.

Again....we have tried that. And I've seen others on this board post and listened to friends and relatives in other hubs complain about the same thing. Our complaints, no matter how civil or uncivil, have mostly been ignored. The sups seem to have their hands tied because IE tends to have more power lately.

reydluap

Don't take this personal. By no way is it meant to be so.

But we are told in my Center that we are in the top 20 Centers in the nation in PAS performance/accuracy. Maybe we in the Midwest just do things differently than in your work areas. We can talk to our Management team and resolve alot of our differences. Are there bumps in the road? Yes, But we work through them.

B

Boner

I am a cover driver and have been for 2 years. Think I have run 15 areas and of course baselines also. That being said I take a look at my EDD and if in my mind I can run it tighter I do. I have run over 85% trace and under 50% nothing has ever been said to me about running trace. So until management says something I will continue to work that way. So IF the day comes when they question why I did what I did....I'll run stop for stop on EDD and the more $$$$ for me!!