End over 9.5 negotiations

Thebrownblob

Yes this is stating we can force some OT on you without you filing a grievance. Two days could be as much as 10 hours of OT and I still couldn’t file.
It’s called an agreement, if you’re unhappy with the current one make suggestions for the coming one. doesn’t mean you’ll get exactly what you want. 9.5 language was not always around and it has evolved over the last couple contracts, he’s gotten more teeth and better pay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is true in some places. everyone here files and gets paid. Over $300,000. 2 years ago.

If I did not have dozens and dozens of those grievances in my bag my life would be a lot simpler lol.
If it's automatic, even if you have one bad day, you get double time after 9.5.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
First post. I’ve been reading here for a while. Plenty of rank and file in here for a wide range of perspectives and smart ass comments.😂

24 years with UPS and one thing that has to end is this negotiating of 9.5 grievances. How many more contracts are we gonna have with no FORCED OT protection? At this point, any language that involves negotiating payouts in this issue, should eliminate you from bargaining on behalf of teamsters. FORCED OT is slavery.

Carol is hearing your plight: (Solution): PVD's (All year long)...:runcirclsmiley2:

Commercial Inside Release

So, I guess the Total Service Plan (TSP) didn't work out for you guys. In fact, it was such a failure, that this 24-year driver came out of hiding to post about how the overtime is worse than ever!

Thebrownblob

So, I guess the Total Service Plan (TSP) didn't work out for you guys. In fact, it was such a failure, that this 24-year driver came out of hiding to post about how the overtime is worse than ever!
After handing out the papers that some people filled out they never even talked about it again here. No worries to me I will just deposit the check with all the overtime like I do every year.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Who is negotiating them? That’s ridiculous every single one that is filed here is paid, not even questioned. The only issue I have is that we have to file at all it’s time consuming and shouldn’t be necessary in the next contract.
My center is backlogged with anywhere between 600 up to 1000 grievances (not even sure of an accurate number anymore). One guy I talk to everyday had 9 active 9.5 grievances as of last week. They aren't paying those out. Hell we're not even getting 8 hour violations paid and my seniority just gets pissed all over regularly.

Thebrownblob

My center is backlogged with anywhere between 600 up to 1000 grievances (not even sure of an accurate number anymore). One guy I talk to everyday had 9 active 9.5 grievances as of last week. They aren't paying those out. Hell we're not even getting 8 hour violations paid and my seniority just gets pissed all over regularly.
Call your local president and ask what’s going on. There is no reason for those not to be handled at least on a monthly Basis

Thebrownblob

No, it's paid at 1.5 plus 1.5 over 9.5. What I'm saying is all time over 9.5 should be paid at triple time.
Well that wouldn’t be triple time that would be triple time and a half. You’re already paid at time and half they give you half more time to make for triple time. If you want triple time and a half submit that as a contract proposal I’m all about it if we can get it.