End over 9.5 negotiations

Appvol

Never going to happen. Who doesn't know UPS is a overtime job?

Automatic double time after 9.5 non peak, is the way to go. End the grievance procedure.
Needs to be triple time after 9 hours anytime of the year. My center is busier now then peak.

Over70irregs

8 hours done or not. They know when I’m over 9.5 so they would know when I’m over 8. They even know how to dispatch an 8hr request. We should be focused on 8hr language instead of 9.5 language. Double time after 8.5 and triple after 9.5! Sounds extreme? It isn’t. It’s what has to be done to end it.
Pension bonus payments for hours after 8.0 no max/capped hours. Done ✅

Over70irregs

Now you’re talking my language, at that point you would see the company really try to limit hours and you would also see hourly‘s really trying to get the hours.
I believe it would be a game changer.
They would melt like glaciers.
Now you’re talking my language, at that point you would see the company really try to limit hours and you would also see hourly‘s really trying to get the hours.
I believe it would be a game changer.
Game would be over so fast you would not break a sweat. (That one is for my bro/sis in brown. Look sharp 🔪 )

Faceplanted

Yes this is stating we can force some OT on you without you filing a grievance. Two days could be as much as 10 hours of OT and I still couldn’t file.
Incorrect. You can file. You won’t get monetary gain, but you can file. Showing a pattern of harassment and retaliation can come in handy down there line.

Over70irregs

Incorrect. You can file. You won’t get monetary gain, but you can file. Showing a pattern of harassment and retaliation can come in handy down there line.
Filing is meant to disembowel you. Harassment is meant to psyche you out and wear you down. Put pension $ on my overtime and many trees, plastic and ink will be saved. We can use it as a Green campaign. Do a commercial for public good…… Retirees will thank us. Managers/Dispatch will stay married due to less stress. Decreased injuries. L&I will give brown safety awards. Public safety and decreased driver deaths.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Call your local president and ask what’s going on. There is no reason for those not to be handled at least on a monthly Basis
They told us the company is just delaying and refusing to pay them out. At some point between last year to now I was told that they asked for half day center level panels (which is only like once a month anyways). I don't understand why there hasn't been any legal action yet. Lots of big talk but no action. To be completely fair, I almost never attend union meetings and something could have been explained there. Regardless, the company just continues to ignore any contractual obligations.

Commercial Inside Release

My years in finance in the corporate jungle, make me wonder about UPS's antics regarding 9.5 grievances. It is not uncommon for a corporation like UPS, to take out a special corporate insurance policy against situations like the 9.5 contract agreement with some heavy hitter, like Lloyd's (of London.) This way, they can carve the extra cost off of the liabilities column, and trade some cheaper revenue source to the insurers, kick the can down the road for half a decade, or roll it into some other subsidiary or branch of the corporation.

Any management or corporate goons out there, heard any rumors?

Over70irregs

My years in finance in the corporate jungle, make me wonder about UPS's antics regarding 9.5 grievances. It is not uncommon for a corporation like UPS, to take out a special corporate insurance policy against situations like the 9.5 contract agreement with some heavy hitter, like Lloyd's (of London.) This way, they can carve the extra cost off of the liabilities column, and trade some cheaper revenue source to the insurers, kick the can down the road for half a decade, or roll it into some other subsidiary or branch of the corporation.

Any management or corporate goons out there, heard any rumors?
Wow. That was deep thought. So you are hinting at 9.5 insurance? That way it doesn’t affect the books.. 🤔

AKCoverMan

My center is backlogged with anywhere between 600 up to 1000 grievances (not even sure of an accurate number anymore). One guy I talk to everyday had 9 active 9.5 grievances as of last week. They aren't paying those out. Hell we're not even getting 8 hour violations paid and my seniority just gets pissed all over regularly.
Are you Western?

AKCoverMan

Pension bonus payments for hours after 8.0 no max/capped hours. Done ✅
THIS! No more 2080 hour cap, pension contribution on every hour. And scrap the tedious, time consuming (for both company and union) grievance process for 8s and 9.5s. That would move the needle. There would still be overtime but not as much.

To Big Brown, forcing long days is just a business decision based on number crunching. Make it uneconomic for them to run you twelve hours and they won’t. They will start harassing you for working too much lol.

AKCoverMan

I think auto double time after 9.5 and on sixth day would be fair. Not gonna get triple but if the double was automatic and on a daily basis probably work out better than current triple time language. I see a lot of ”two strike” weeks in my little building. Those over 9.5 hour are just normal time and a half pay.

Over70irregs

THIS! No more 2080 hour cap, pension contribution on every hour. And scrap the tedious, time consuming (for both company and union) grievance process for 8s and 9.5s. That would move the needle. There would still be overtime but not as much.

To Big Brown, forcing long days is just a business decision based on number crunching. Make it uneconomic for them to run you twelve hours and they won’t. They will start harassing you for working too much lol.
Your on it sir. We start here and the whole world 🌎 would take notice. It would create a new standard.

Thebrownblob

They told us the company is just delaying and refusing to pay them out. At some point between last year to now I was told that they asked for half day center level panels (which is only like once a month anyways). I don't understand why there hasn't been any legal action yet. Lots of big talk but no action. To be completely fair, I almost never attend union meetings and something could have been explained there. Regardless, the company just continues to ignore any contractual obligations.
You’re definitely missing something or not being told something. If the company is refusing to pay them out they should be put on the docket, and taken to the panel and let them decide. I guarantee you the panel will pay them and the company will look like complete fools. Panels do not appreciate one side delaying easily paid grievances and bringing them in front of them.