fair minimum wage

island1fox

What people like tos do not realize ---many low income people eat at the Taco -Bells and Micky D's of the world.

Raise minimum wage ---the cost of a taco bell and big mac skyrocket --hurting the lower end of the economy > I work for taco bell --give me two dollars more per hour --when I go to eat at Micky D'S the meal will be four dollars more !!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
What people like tos do not realize ---many low income people eat at the Taco -Bells and Micky D's of the world.

Raise minimum wage ---the cost of a taco bell and big mac skyrocket --hurting the lower end of the economy > I work for taco bell --give me two dollars more per hour --when I go to eat at Micky D'S the meal will be four dollars more !!
Flawed logic. Actually not logic at all.

Proceed, sir....

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself

More money in hand ,means more tacos and burgers sold..Simple enough for a six year old to understand...stop drinking the kool-aid...

island1fox

In your world --I see that one plus one =zero !!

Here for my six year olds:

I make minimum wage of 250 dollars a week ---I spend 250 a week --Just getting buy

I get a minimum wage raise --350 dollars a week ----Expenses jump to 350 dollars --to cover increase --?????

Wow that solved a lot of problems !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
30at4ja.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The top 1% grow into a high wage by working hard for many many years..........someone needs to start low and work their way up. You don't get an executive salary on your very first day of work!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The top 1% grow into a high wage by working hard for many many years..........someone needs to start low and work their way up. You don't get an executive salary on your very first day of work!!

You are simply clueless to the issue of CEO pay and the rise of that unwarranted pay while laying off workers, closing stores, plants and factories.

TOS.

A fair minimum wage would follow along side inflation as a shadow, a direct representation of economic prosperity of that given nation.

So the general stagnation of the American wage over the last now almost 40 years (stagnation I'm referring is wages not keeping up with inflation so what you make each year becomes less than the previous) coupled with the very real fact that companies such as Walmart and McDonald's pay such low wages that it does cost in excess of $7 billion dollars a year in US tax payer money for them to staff their facilities with under paid workers and this is all A OK because "we" all think that people should be paid what they deserve and not have a minimum wage at all.

It seems that either way were paying out regardless if anyone thinks the people involved deserve the money or not. The point of interest is moot.

island1fox

Flawed logic. Actually not logic at all.

Proceed, sir....

rr,

Let me make it simple --so that even you can understand --If the market is forced by Government to raise expense --they will raise their revenue by passing the cost along and raising prices.

People that make minimum wage --whatever level it is at --depend on minimum price products --minimum wage goes up --products go up --simple enough.

How about lower the minimum wage by a dollar and lower the big mac by a dollar--starting to see a relationship there ???

Next you will be suggesting the Government should determine the cost of a big mac.

island1fox

Tired,

Not when a big mac and fries will be 75 dollars.:dead:

Keep raising the minimum wage --raise the cost of living ---retired UPS drivers will be in a world of hurt !!

rod

Retired 22 years

And a lot of the 1%ers got it the old fashion way-----they inherited it. We have a guy locally here who's family owns something like 35 or 40 very successful large retail stores in 3 states. He has now decided to run for State Senator. The ongoing joke around here is that Stu started at the bottom sweeping floors and worked himself up to CEO -------all in a matter of about a half hour. The old saying about how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer has never been so true as it is now days. I'm not saying that the 1%ers at the top don't deserve to enjoy their $$$$$. What I'm saying is that the playing field rules need to be adjusted before the middle class totally disappears. In the mean time stock up on bullets.

MAKAVELI

Who the friend... cares about the cost of a big mac? The American public would be much better off by not eating as much fast food as they do. Businesses will raise the cost of goods to a point the public will not accept. Do you really think people are going to pay much more for a big mac and fries? You republicans need a reality check. The cost of basic necessities to survive is rising every year and that doesn't include a burger and fries. Pay needs to go up and record profits need to go down. Plain and simple.

rod

Retired 22 years
Who the friend... cares about the cost of a big mac? The American public would be much better off by not eating as much fast food as they do. Businesses will raise the cost of goods to a point the public will not accept. Do you really think people are going to pay much more for a big mac and fries? You republicans need a reality check. The cost of basic necessities to survive is rising every year and that doesn't include a burger and fries. Pay needs to go up and record profits need to go down. Plain and simple.

Propane last year---$2.00 a gallon

Propane this year----$5.60 a gallon