fair minimum wage

island1fox

rod,

Wow. Do not doubt your word. I thought 2.89 was bad . Must vary greatly by part of the country you live in.

I have heard in the northeast --there is a big shortage !!

rod

Retired 22 years
rod,

Wow. Do not doubt your word. I thought 2.89 was bad . Must vary greatly by part of the country you live in.

I have heard in the northeast --there is a big shortage !!

They picked the winter to shut down a major pipeline here for routine maintenance. (do you imagine that had anything to do with them wanting to jack up the prices). Between that and the propane suppliers shipping the bulk of their reserves overseas because they say they can make more on it there, we here in the midwest are left with the worst propane shortage ever seen. Even at $5.00+ a gallon the local dealers are limiting deliveries to 100 gal. at a time.

MAKAVELI

Why don't we institute slavery again or indentured servitude? That would probably lower the price of a big mac to $2.99.

Last edited:

island1fox

Rod,
Sorry to hear about the propane problem.

spor--Maybe insisting people stay in school or go to trade schools - accept personal responsability --do not bring children in the world you cannot afford-Having Obamacare eliminate 2.5 million fulltime jobs --so people can "choose" to work part time --while the rest us pay for it --is not the solution.

Slavery is the middle class --working hard to make ends meet --while the Government put more and more people on the freebies.

MAKAVELI

Rod,
Sorry to hear about the propane problem.

spor--Maybe insisting people stay in school or go to trade schools - accept personal responsability --do not bring children in the world you cannot afford-Having Obamacare eliminate 2.5 million fulltime jobs --so people can "choose" to work part time --while the rest us pay for it --is not the solution.

Slavery is the middle class --working hard to make ends meet --while the Government put more and more people on the freebies.
Sorry but not everyone lives in a perfect lily white world where there is opportunity galore outside their doorstep. I'm all for working hard to better oneself. But the opportunities just aren't there for a large portion of the country. Just imagine at what this country could be if everyone had access to a world class education and/ or training. Minimum wage jobs such as Wal-Mart and McDonald's is the new slavery. You just can't grasp that concept. There is a need for Wal-Mart because of corporations like Wal-Mart. Where do you think its workers shop?

island1fox

Access to a "world class education" ?????

Lets start with free public education --available for all--- that we pay for ---they disrespect teachers ---do not take education seriously --drop out ---work at Walmart or Mcdonalds ---expect to make 30 bucks an hour --or they are our are
problem.

MAKAVELI

Access to a "world class education" ?????

Lets start with free public education --available for all--- that we pay for ---they disrespect teachers ---do not take education seriously --drop out ---work at Walmart or Mcdonalds ---expect to make 30 bucks an hour --or they are our are
problem.
Just because public education is free doesn't mean it is the same everywhere. You obviously have a very, very narrow perspective of the various circumstances one is born into this world. I suggest you get off your couch , walk out of your white picket fence and see the country and its not so finer points and gain some perspective. To people like you, life is black and white and your ignorance blinds you of the reality that this country does not afford everyone with an opportunity to succeed . You only know what faux news and Limbaugh tells you.

M

MenInBrown

Sorry but not everyone lives in a perfect lily white world where there is opportunity galore outside their doorstep. I'm all for working hard to better oneself. But the opportunities just aren't there for a large portion of the country. Just imagine at what this country could be if everyone had access to a world class education and/ or training. Minimum wage jobs such as Wal-Mart and McDonald's is the new slavery. You just can't grasp that concept. There is a need for Wal-Mart because of corporations like Wal-Mart. Where do you think its workers shop?
I think you have just been outsmarted by the Democratic Party. Republicans abolished slavery of which democrats voted to keep. So democrats come up with a new strategy, POVERTY! They get enough people dependent on freebies and it creates votes for them...you really think democrats would want people to get out of Poverty??? In most cases they would become republicans...they gotcha!!!!

Nimnim

The Nim
So the people who work 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meat who don't have time to spend a couple hours a day preparing a meal from scratch, which is far cheaper than buying anything prepared or fast food, should have to waste any increased wage they get from an increased minimum wage on the prepared or fast food they eat because they don't have time to make something that costs less since they don't have time between jobs?

Prepared and fast food are prevalent not so much because people want them or they're cheaper, but because working people often don't have the time to spend making things themselves.

upschuck

Maybe insisting people stay in school or go to trade schools - accept personal responsability
Everyone can not be a doctor, physicist, welder, or a mechanic. Someone needs to do the "lower" status jobs. Think about it this way, do you want to do this job? If not, then don't complain with their pay. While I agree with most that you say here on BC, I do believe that folks need to be paid a wage that can sustain them without government assistance, if they work 40+ hours/week. We are paying them either way, either through taxes, which is involuntary, or through the cost of a Big Mac, which is voluntary.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's free markets at work..
Supply and Demand at work in its worst way.
The explanation I heard on TV was that a lot of national propane supply was allocated to the Midwest due to the extremely low temps this winter.

I question why it should go up like this - may see some type of oversight put in place due to this, if the Repubs support it.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
spc,

Calm down. The big mac was an example --When Business cost rise --prices rise --simple.
ceo-raises.jpg