Catatonic

Nine Lives
RIP Brother.
It's a shame especially this close to Christmas.
It's so easy to lose sight of safety in these hectic peak times.

I substituted another link that works.

Last edited:

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
says at the loading dock but was he inside or outside the building? im sure the company will swing it as he wasnt yard certified or some stupid :censored2:

I did helper one year at a facility that lost a guy. He jumped down off unload to get a package and the trailer backed up to the dock with dude in the way. He tried to make it in time but slipped.

RIP to a fallen brother =(

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Those are the very last unload doors. From the picture it looks like it had to either be someone working on the yard or a shifter pulled a trailer with someone inside and they somehow git hurt.

Very sad situation.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
he was a seasonal who stepped through a dock door and got backed over, simple

wish i could say i'm surprised we need to walk more people out the door for safety violations like that, management included, it's getting way way out of hand how much it's overlooked

Last edited by a moderator:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
All this automation this year and we can’t even implement a safety device/sensor to prevent stuff like this from happening..it’s not the first time someone’s been crushed behind a UPS semi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Man, guy (seasonal worker) goes to UPS to make a few extra bucks for Christmas and ends up dead of what appears to be stupidity. Shame :(

I doubt he walked off the unload dock on purpose... It's like 4' high.

He may have been opening the door and went down when the shifter decided to pull out and recenter the trailer to the dock. Maybe he wasn't used to the pace and blacked out next to the open door.

Accidents happen all the time and a person doesn't need to be stupid for them to happen. I know that is often the case, but not always.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
some of you can't read a basic article

he was a seasonal who stepped through a dock door and got backed over, simple

wish i could say i'm surprised we need to walk more people out the door for safety violations like that, management included, it's getting way way out of hand how much it's overlooked

Frequently, We've had to remind our hub to close those dock doors before backing trailers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Those are the very last unload doors. From the picture it looks like it had to either be someone working on the yard or a shifter pulled a trailer with someone inside and they somehow git hurt.

Very sad situation.
And it looks like there’s not a lot of room down there when backing z’s or rails....

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
And it looks like there’s not a lot of room down there when backing z’s or rails....

Yes, that spot is tight which to me means it should be a little safer, the 100's start a few doors to the right.

The busier section would be the unload doors to the left because inbound and some outbound loads are staged in front of it and trucks are always driving around trying to find an open spot to drop trailers.

I think Forrest Park had a similar accident a few weeks ago but it involved a shifter and a feeder driver. The FNN may have been wrong but after that you would think the 4 Atlanta buildings would be on alert.