FedEx and UPS to compete with USPS for last-mile delivery

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, they will just put all of it into surepost....these companies who have agreed to be mini Ups hubs are realizing they are being used.... and the money they are making from Ups and FedEx is not worth the hassle....even our own ups stores are backing out of access point...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A lot if that stuff ends up going back, because no one ever picked them up.

Pissing a lot of people off.
Yep, people just want their stuff delivered to their door and put in a safe spot away from foot traffic....or to an apt Mgr etc... they don't want to be going into an access point in some scuzzy part of town to a minimart to pick up their iphone...what don't you understand about that united parcel service??? It's not that hard...

Yep, people just want their stuff delivered to their door and put in a safe spot away from foot traffic....or to an apt Mgr etc... they don't want to be going into an access point in some scuzzy part of town to a minimart to pick up their iphone...what don't you understand about that united parcel service??? It's not that hard...
A couple of people they are never home like it. The majority doesn't.

oldngray

nowhere special
But just like anything else they will push it on people if it works or it doesn't.. typical corporation who are out of touch with their customers...they are all the same ....

The whole point of ordering online is to have it delivered to your house. If you have to go and pick it up you might as well just go to a store and buy it there and eliminate the need to mess with delivery.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The whole point of ordering online is to have it delivered to your house. If you have to go and pick it up you might as well just go to a store and buy it there and eliminate the need to mess with delivery.
Yep...they say it isn't profitable to deliver to a house... I have stops where the customer is getting 3 or 4 packages at one time ....it's an excuse...yes it's not a dock stop with 100 pieces but that is an exception not a rule...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A couple of people they are never home like it. The majority doesn't.
They are the exception.... fact. There have been packages come up missing at apt complex offices that I have delivered in the past , or even a ups store ... now you know there have been theft issues already at a minimart access point....those places barely have enough space for what they sell let along a few packages for customers.

They are the exception.... fact. There have been packages come up missing at apt complex offices that I have delivered in the past , or even a ups store ... now you know there have been theft issues already at a minimart access point....those places barely have enough space for what they sell let along a few packages for customers.
I agree

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep...they say it isn't profitable to deliver to a house... I have stops where the customer is getting 3 or 4 packages at one time ....it's an excuse...yes it's not a dock stop with 100 pieces but that is an exception not a rule...

How many of your regular customers are QVC queens that frequently get multiple package deliveries? Plus if a route has good stop density you should be going past that address anyway. Its all about a cubicle dweller's idea of a way to save money and forget about service.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good good....the selling point when ups asked these access points to get on board was that while the customer was getting their package they will buy some of the retailers crap....a pop, a bag of chips, that dry wrinkled up polish dog in the case...whatever. I have never seen anybody buy that crap at the ups store..a 10 dollar bag of packing peanuts...lol really??? Nobody buys those greeting cards because they suck! Only thing I've seen someone do besides ship a package ( after they calm down because a 5 pound package going from coast to coast is 29.00....!!!!) is get copies done or maybe a random notary here or there....why would they want to be responsible for even MORE packages that they don't have room for?????

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I was over riding access points because they are absolutely ridiculous...if these people wanted to go pick their stuff up at the store they wouldn't have ordered it to their doorstep online

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How many of your regular customers are QVC queens that frequently get multiple package deliveries? Plus if a route has good stop density you should be going past that address anyway. Its all about a cubicle dweller's idea of a way to save money and forget about service.
Yep..but that would mean add cars...which they don't want to do...just change everybody's planned day to their liking...typical corporate thieves...fact!

oldngray

nowhere special
Good good....the selling point when ups asked these access points to get on board was that while the customer was getting their package they will buy some of the retailers crap....a pop, a bag of chips, that dry wrinkled up polish dog in the case...whatever. I have never seen anybody buy that crap at the ups store..a 10 dollar bag of packing peanuts...lol really??? Nobody buys those greeting cards because they suck! Only thing I've seen someone do besides ship a package ( after they calm down because a 5 pound package going from coast to coast is 29.00....!!!!) is get copies done or maybe a random notary here or there....why would they want to be responsible for even MORE packages that they don't have room for?????

Have access points at places that sell lottery tickets.