FedEx Express Employees and Ground drivers should read this..

whenIgetthere

It's done on purpose in my opinion. They've got two pay scales going. Winners and losers. The losers are people that started after 2003. I may be wrong on the date but That's when they pay-scale changed to what it is today I believe.

I agree, but I would have to say 1996 would be the year. I started in '99, and am nowhere near topout. Closer to the bottom than top, and I always got reviews between 6.5 and 6.8 when that mattered.

overflowed

They will start to put the screws to the the topped out older couriers worse than before. The pendulum is starting to swing against them. They used them to not vote a union in before but their numbers are disappearing and soon their vote won't make a difference. Soon you'll see some other demographic being used for the same purpose. Mid range?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree, but I would have to say 1996 would be the year. I started in '99, and am nowhere near topout. Closer to the bottom than top, and I always got reviews between 6.5 and 6.8 when that mattered.

I'd say anyone that hired-in after 1989 is on the losing end. I know of several people who have still not topped-out...after 24 years of service. The whole pay system is nothing but a huge scam, and when you add-in the market levels? Double scam. But a lot of those 1989 people are long gone, so you are essentially correct in that we have an "A" and a "B" scale. When are the majority of employees going to figure this out? It is not rocket science that we are going backwards every year...even if you are topped-out.

Glorifiedpackmule

I'd also like to point out that they did away with pre employment Courier testing a few years ago due to "lawsuits". The quality of employees they've hired since then has dropped significantly. Make no mistake about it. This was done for a reason. Most.. Not all.. But most of the people they've hired recently have no business driving a commercial vehicle. They consider themselves lucky to be making 15 bucks an hour and They'll stick around as long as they don't kill someone or get caught stealing from the company. Some of them are too stupid to know that their getting screwed.

DontThrowPackages

Holy crap this is so right! If I didn't work for FedEx and saw this I would have thought you were blowing smoke up people's asses. It's obvious at our station. Topped out employees are making pretty good bank, driving around in brand new friend-150's and don't care that the guy who only has a couple years service doing the exact same job they're doing, is getting the shaft. Bring in a union? Heavens no! That might actually help someone else out and I sure don't want someone with less seniority than me making as much as I am!

Until this mentality changes, there will be no union at FedEx.
Don't worry, After January, that guy driving the F150 better hope his wife makes good money because $1,000 paychecks will be gone like betamax.

DontThrowPackages

I know a manager who was brought in to the SM office to answers questions as to why was a 7 given to a courier who received 5.8(more or less) the year before. The manager was heard, after that meeting, saying he would EVER give another 7 again. So even back then the push to slow courier pay was in motion. The company doesn't want you topped out. "...The company takes what the company wants..." Midnight Oil.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't worry, After January, that guy driving the F150 better hope his wife makes good money because $1,000 paychecks will be gone like betamax.

Here is what is really sad...stupid couriers thinking that driving a new F150 and "making bank" on our crap wages and benefits. Even a topped-out courier is getting shafted, but most are too dumb to realize it. It is what it is.