Fedex Express Heavyweight Driver

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups has an air frieght division. It is called ups cartage. Same pay and benefits as small package.

MassWineGuy

Please explain what heavyweight means here. We have many people who always get tons of bulk pups. Does heavyweight mean lots of stops and bulk? Never heard the term.

McFeely

Huge Member
Please explain what heavyweight means here. We have many people who always get tons of bulk pups. Does heavyweight mean lots of stops and bulk? Never heard the term.

Generally speaking, it’s palletized shipments (LTL stuff too big for Express vans) but sent through the Express network (air).

Basically it’s the big truck freight that has to be flown somewhere before being delivered on a semi.

zeev

Heavyweight is truck freight delivered by RTD s out of major airport locations my station covered southeast Michigan north west Ohio.

WannaBeFeeder

You could go to FedEx Freight or XPO or a several other companies and you'll start out at the equivalent of where you left off at Express, but you'll top out in 3 years. You'll be topped out in 3 years in what it would take you 20 years to top out at Express. Look for a city driver position at Freight or even XPO (those are day jobs just doing pickups/deliveries). Do yourself a favor and go apply at those places. FDX Freight is supposed to be a good company to work for-start with them. You aren't missing anything not getting back on at Express. And if you can get hired on to UPS parcel, do it.
Bingo. Stay away from express if you have a CDL and know how to drive. Fedex Freight you can get a day job right off the street. I know a guy who went over to FXF off the street and worked 8a - 5:30p M-friend and made 80K being at the bottom of the seniority list. You got city guys making 95-100k in my area w/o working weekends and this is midwest area. I wouldnt waste my CDL and express and possibly starve to death

MassWineGuy

I’m sure it’s tougher than it looks. I don’t have the spatial awareness needed to drive such a huge vehicle. And no possible way am I backing it up.

Aquaman

I’m sure it’s tougher than it looks. I don’t have the spatial awareness needed to drive such a huge vehicle. And no possible way am I backing it up.
Anyone can learn to back these. Just takes some time of being terrible. Shifting is what fails most people. At some point all the manual trucks will be gone and nobody will train in one. But for now you have to be able to smoothly operate a 10 speed or else your backing ability means nothing.

WannaBeFeeder

Lmao trust me YOU CAN DO IT, there are ppl w/ maybe half your IQ and awareness out here driving 18 wheelers it aint rocket science