Fedex Express Heavyweight Driver

Csdsm18

Bringing home 1k a week is gonna take more than 5-10 hrs of OT unless you make mid range money, have no state income taxes, put little if nothing in the 401k and don't have to buy family coverage medical insurance.
Well I was making $24 something before a left, state income I do pay, 401k I do contribute but not much at all, and family coverage no not for me. Just single man trying to make it easy living lol.

Serf

Yes I'll try to get my same money back if not I don't think I'll take it. Yea ups just didn't wanna be stuck on overnight for years and years as 20yr employees still try to get on a day route so me going in has no chance. I'll be happy to bring home $1000 a week n I think that's possible with the 5-10OT every week.
Midrange employee working 14-17 hrs OT will get you a take home G note.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Yep. The hiring manager has a rehire that was gone several years and is told by the prospective employee, I DEMAND you bring me back what I was making when I quit. The managers will get a good laugh at that in their weekly staff meeting..

I thought he was gone only a few months. If it's been years, then yes forget that. However he says he was at Express for 5 years and was on step 4, so I figured he was only gone a few months. If he's been gone for years, he wouldn't be on step 4 then. Demand might not have been the best choice of words. Negotiate would have been better.

falcon back

Not true. Express heavyweight is a cash cow for FedEx.
Where in the financial releases are different parts of Express financials disclosed? I know they break it down by OPCO, never seen station by station or stations vs ramp or heavyweight financials released.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I worked at Express for 5yrs I was on step 4. I'm not sure where I'll start but if I have to start back over idk if I'll take the position. I'll find out this week when the manager contacts me. Yes I worked overnights. I worked in the city and went up to Newark Airport every night. Did a station run went empty picked up the cans back to the airport to sort that out then up to Newark Airport and sat up there for a few hours. Was EXTREMELY easy work, idk how that's even consider work lol. But yes RTD did they own thing and heavyweight had there thing. Only way to get OT doing RTD work was working overnights otherwise you got your 40 and out. Heavyweight on the other hand I hear they are getting between 5-10hrs OT a week easily. Also sucks whenever I do go back I won't get that BS pension anymore they had, they eliminated that January of this year. Honestly only complaint I had before I left was the whole raise system, otherwise the job was kinda a job got paid to sleep basically if you didn't even have a route. UPS no work don't come in fedex you didn't have to worry about that work or not you come in and get paid. While I was job hunting after UPS I noticed the different pay scales of other LTL companies and frankly the rates werent much to brag about plus alot give no OT. Only huge perk of those other carries were yes you topped out in at most 4yrs.

How come you got fired at UPS?

zeev

Where in the financial releases are different parts of Express financials disclosed? I know they break it down by OPCO, never seen station by station or stations vs ramp or heavyweight financials released.
Not true. Express heavyweight is a cash cow for FedEx.
You are right the price is 10 to 20 times the price of FedEx freight. Express heavyweight is not separated from Express small package but accounts for 30% of the revenue under Express look for the freight numbers.

2394tofeedah

Yes UPS is hiring full time permanent feeder drivers of the street by me. I just don't wanna do overnights again. So I think I'm gonna go back to Express, hours would be better and I'm sure they get OT. So all n all I don't think heavyweight may be a bad idea.
I would try that and if you dont like it you can always leave, day runs may be available. RTD/heavyweight is a dead end job with mediocre benefits, pay, and you will never top out. I had 5 years and recently left on step 3 after they announced 2% raises after record breaking profits. Starting at ups you'll make $22ish an hour and top out in 5 years at $42+ with paid healthcare.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They bumped up the new guys to 27$ an hour here at ups.
But nevermind. You can't work nights :laugh:

MAKAVELI

I would try that and if you dont like it you can always leave, day runs may be available. RTD/heavyweight is a dead end job with mediocre benefits, pay, and you will never top out. I had 5 years and recently left on step 3 after they announced 2% raises after record breaking profits. Starting at ups you'll make $22ish an hour and top out in 5 years at $42+ with paid healthcare.
*4 years