Fedex Express Rehire before 6 months..

The Goat

Do anybody know weather u keep your pay or seniority if u leave fedex in return before 6 months? probably won't get a good answer but it worth a shot.

Oldfart

Do anybody?

Wow

Considering you probably would not have gotten a raise yet had you stayed, it seems like starting pay today would be very close to what your pay was when you left. Everything I see as far as seniority always says "Most recent hire date" I doubt your previous 6 months will stay with you but you never know.

vantexan

Do anybody know weather u keep your pay or seniority if u leave fedex in return before 6 months? probably won't get a good answer but it worth a shot.
FedEx used to give you your previous pay back if you returned I believe within a year. But they did away with that. There is still a rule, at least there was, that if it's in an area where they're having difficulty finding a qualified candidate to fill a position then they can rehire someone at their previous pay. Provided of course that they left in good standing. However I know from personal experience that they try to get former courier to return at starting pay, and if you sign offer letter then discover that rule afterwards it's too bad. Look at it this way, they are paying better these days, including starting pay, and you'll top out faster than they used to. And you don't have to work with Oldfart.

vantexan

Do anybody?

Wow

Considering you probably would not have gotten a raise yet had you stayed, it seems like starting pay today would be very close to what your pay was when you left. Everything I see as far as seniority always says "Most recent hire date" I doubt your previous 6 months will stay with you but you never know.
He's not saying he only had 6 months in when he quit. He's asking about returning after being gone 6 months.

Oldfart

He's not saying he only had 6 months in when he quit. He's asking about returning after being gone 6 months.
I stand corrected. I still don't believe seniority will be kept.

He would be lucky to work at my station. Great managers, super nice facility. Ping pong table and free pinball machines in the break room area as well as a popcorn maker. We have some fierce ping pong matches and pinball tournaments quite often.

dezguy

I stand corrected. I still don't believe seniority will be kept.

He would be lucky to work at my station. Great managers, super nice facility. Ping pong table and free pinball machines in the break room area as well as a popcorn maker. We have some fierce ping pong matches and pinball tournaments quite often.
No one cares.

McFeely

Huge Member
At my station (as I assumed it was policy), you get to keep your current pay level if you return in less than a year. You lose seniority and continuous years of service when it comes to calculating earned vacation time, though.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Payrate is at the discretion of the SM. Last Date of Hire determines your seniority. Total years of service applies to your retirement benefits.