FEDEX losing Amazon business NOW?

fatboy33

I hope you're right for you're sake.
I heard the number was more like 10 pct. That being said, I've seen more Nike boxes in our trucks in history. Much target and some walmart. Bezos can't beat Fedex service. The quality of delivery employee is very poor, in general. I've seen countless notes, left by apartment managers, telling Amazon not to leave boxes on the street side of the security door. Notes saying to please walk to the door of the person you're delivering to. I've heard of Amazon drivers dumping packages in dumpsters, rather than deliver them. Do your job right and maybe that customer clicking on their Amazon item might request to have Express handle their delivery.

BootsOnTarmac

Unfortunately I never see an option for Fedex delivery when purchasing from Amazon. I try to purchase directly from the company's website and often get the choice and I pick Fedex (ground or express). Most often the item price is the same as listed on Amazon.

Harrison

Amazon isn’t exactly an issue for my company. We have an Amazon terminal about 6 miles from our FDXG Terminal, while Amazon has delivery drivers, we haven’t seen a decrease in volume since FDXG had the Amazon account during peak 4/5 years ago.

While there are tons of Amazon “delivery drivers” in the area, othering personal cars aren’t cutting it. I’ve hired two former Amazon drivers, I will never hire one again.

The problem I’m having with Amazon is on the pickup side. Amazon won’t submit their order to their customers until 5pm which is forcing their customers to push our Fedex pickup windows later on in the day. It’s screwing up our operations and is not cost effective.

The oversize package pickup is a killer as well. Its ridiculous when 50 Packages blows out a P1200. I have multiple accounts were Amazon oversized is bowing out cubic footage. It’s not enough packages to refuse and not enough packages for FedEx to understand having line haul involved is worth it. We have to send three trucks to one pickup every day to sweep just so we know the final pickup can handle it along with his other pickups. 200 packages shouldn’t blow out 4 trucks.

bacha29

Amazon isn’t exactly an issue for my company. We have an Amazon terminal about 6 miles from our FDXG Terminal, while Amazon has delivery drivers, we haven’t seen a decrease in volume since FDXG had the Amazon account during peak 4/5 years ago.

While there are tons of Amazon “delivery drivers” in the area, othering personal cars aren’t cutting it. I’ve hired two former Amazon drivers, I will never hire one again.

The problem I’m having with Amazon is on the pickup side. Amazon won’t submit their order to their customers until 5pm which is forcing their customers to push our Fedex pickup windows later on in the day. It’s screwing up our operations and is not cost effective.

The oversize package pickup is a killer as well. Its ridiculous when 50 Packages blows out a P1200. I have multiple accounts were Amazon oversized is bowing out cubic footage. It’s not enough packages to refuse and not enough packages for FedEx to understand having line haul involved is worth it. We have to send three trucks to one pickup every day to sweep just so we know the final pickup can handle it along with his other pickups. 200 packages shouldn’t blow out 4 trucks.
Fat Freddy made it clear something like 5 or more years ago. Anything he can get over to his "small package" carrier was going there. Eventually it will be CDL full air brake with hydraulic tailgates and two guys in every truck. And it won't be long until you're doing not just delivery but setup and installation as well.