FEDEX losing Amazon business NOW?

floridays

Why don’t you try telling me that couriers aren’t the one’s who always have to make sacrifices when things slow down even a little. Someone from Memphis always gets on Frontline and whines about revenues are down and “we have planes to pay for etc.” Yet Fred rewards the top brass still the same as if nothing changed. Now bite me.
AIC bonus on hold, the recipients are not top brass however, I stand corrected.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
AIC bonus on hold, the recipients are not top brass however, I stand corrected.
I was diagnosed with flat feet when I was an infant and had to wear these stupid orthopedic shoes until I reached the age of 7, whereupon I was finally able to throw those damn things away forever.

So I too now stand corrected! :-)

vantexan

I was diagnosed with flat feet when I was an infant and had to wear these stupid orthopedic shoes until I reached the age of 7, whereupon I was finally able to throw those damn things away forever.

I've always thought you take the correct stance on most things.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Then elaborate, this should be interesting.

Van asked or stated (made a statement punctuated with a question mark; who the hell knows what he means): "So you admit when a competitor cuts into FedEx revenue it's the couriers who have to bite the bullet?"

I replied, "No."

That means, no, I do not admit when a competitor cuts into FedEx revenue it's the couriers who have to bite the bullet.

Hope that helps!

59 Dano

Going from 150 stops a day down to 147 might save a few minutes in a delivery driver's day, but saves nothing for the driver who drove the trailer to the terminal, or the sorters, or the terminal manager, or pilot, and so on. And simple math, for you Dano, dictates that since MOST costs are fixed and not directly related to volume, MOST of the 2% decline in revenue MUST come from profit. A 2% drop in total revenue does NOT equal a 2% decline in profit.

Like I said, a 2% decline in revenue is met with efforts at reducing costs by at least that amount, and generally more. You act as if Express just shrugs its shoulders and goes on about its business. Adapting to that kind of variation isn't difficult. Maybe no one told you, but they've done it dozens and dozens of times and are sure to do it dozens and dozens of times in the future.

I'd love to adjust reality to fit your theory, but there's nothing I can do about that.

59 Dano

Why don’t you try telling me that couriers aren’t the one’s who always have to make sacrifices when things slow down even a little. Someone from Memphis always gets on Frontline and whines about revenues are down and “we have planes to pay for etc.” Yet Fred rewards the top brass still the same as if nothing changed. Now bite me.

Pal, if couriers like you were expected to pick up the slack when times got tough, the company would have folded by now.

vantexan

Van asked or stated (made a statement punctuated with a question mark; who the hell knows what he means): "So you admit when a competitor cuts into FedEx revenue it's the couriers who have to bite the bullet?"

I replied, "No."

That means, no, I do not admit when a competitor cuts into FedEx revenue it's the couriers who have to bite the bullet.

Hope that helps!
Yep, Dano is starting to sweat bullets. Hope couriers don't have to bite them.

vantexan

Like I said, a 2% decline in revenue is met with efforts at reducing costs by at least that amount, and generally more. You act as if Express just shrugs its shoulders and goes on about its business. Adapting to that kind of variation isn't difficult. Maybe no one told you, but they've done it dozens and dozens of times and are sure to do it dozens and dozens of times in the future.

I'd love to adjust reality to fit your theory, but there's nothing I can do about that.
And over the years they've taken away from couriers in order to make up the difference.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Pal, if couriers like you were expected to pick up the slack when times got tough, the company would have folded by now.
In your infinite wisdom, tell us why it’s always up to the couriers to bail out the messes that upper management creates. And why don’t you desk jockeys put on a uniform and help things out once in awhile?

floridays

That was funny, I think you misinterpreted, couriers aren't the only affected humps. The packages didn't magically appear in your station to be delivered to the final destination. My fault, I should make my sarcasm clearer. We are on the same side.

floridays

I replied, "No."

Hope that helps!
Actually you are correct, I was lax in comprehension, and glossed over your last claim.
Your last clam about fedex cutting expenses was not exclusive to couriers, which I have to agree. Accept my apology, I will try to be more diligent.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That was funny, I think you misinterpreted, couriers aren't the only affected humps. The packages didn't magically appear in your station to be delivered to the final destination. My fault, I should make my sarcasm clearer. We are on the same side.
Oh I was just entertaining myself again (it’s a true story though)! :wink-very:

59 Dano

In your infinite wisdom, tell us why it’s always up to the couriers to bail out the messes that upper management creates.

It isn't.

And why don’t you desk jockeys put on a uniform and help things out once in awhile?

You want people you see as incompetent to suit up and get in the way. Why?