FedEx to start delivering ground on Sundays

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dogs.bite.me, May 30, 2019.

1. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Saca La

Saca La What is it?

Triple time

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Nope, it will be a regular scheduled day. They will hire new guys with a Sunday schedule or force the lower guys onto them. We been doing Sundays in feeders for a while now . It was only a matter of time before it went to package .

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yeah, these 22.4 jobs are gonna be great! Good news is if you wanna go home Monday or Tuesday, I have a feeling there will be plenty of opportunity.

5. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Wonder if they’ll be a NDA product for Sunday.

In a way this is great news. More hours for union labor.

6. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

At a lower rate than their predecessors.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Suck

8. We didn't get any yet.

9. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

7BE85CEE-2CB7-4456-AEC8-B9B5A1574984.jpeg

10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Our center just posted a “ part-time reg temp” bid lol, where’s these full-time combo jobs at? I think we were lied too..NOW WHERE IS MY BACK PAY

11. Damn right. I want my beer money.

12. RTCD

RTCD New Member

I also read FedEx will start delivering all their SmartPost. Does this mean we’ll deliver all our SurePost? Isn’t there some clause that we only give the USPS SurePost if FedEx does the same?

13. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Remember where you read this?

14. RTCD

RTCD New Member

SurePost clause in the Master; but I re-read and it’s just super vague about a “Competition Committee” that reviews stuff every quarter. Article 26 Section 4

15. RTCD

RTCD New Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

From the article:

As part of the announcement, FedEx also said it planned to make changes to improve the efficiency of last-mile delivery. Roughly two million FedEx SmartPost packages previously given to the U.S. Postal Service for residential delivery will start to be integrated into FedEx Ground operations.

The release states in part:

“Since 2016, state-of-the-art technology has enabled the movement of a FedEx SmartPost package into the FedEx Ground network when another package is destined to the same or nearby address. This has resulted in the integration of approximately 20 percent of FedEx SmartPost packages to date. Starting this fall, the integration of these packages will be significantly accelerated, and the vast majority of FedEx SmartPost package volume is expected to be integrated into FedEx Ground operations for final delivery by the end of 2020.”

17. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

There's still no plan in my local to deliver Saturday ground never mind Sunday.

18. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

And the plan they do have for hubs running Saturdays is costing the company millions. Don't see them planning to loose that kind of money 2 days a week.

19. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

They're going to have to do something. What is to keep shippers using us when Fedex will Deliver it on sunday for them?