#fedexpride

El Morado Diablo

Could be but you know old Fred he always take something else away.

Ha, I've been around long enough to not get my hopes up. I think the advertisers FedEx hired to film the FedEx One Rate commercial about the guy who gives everyone good news and follows it up with bad news emails must have stolen the idea for the commercial by watching our management team in action.

FedexCares

Yep. I've heard as much as 15 percent just for 2 or 3 months. I get to station had an extremely high turnover rate. Out of the kindness of their hearts.;)
Yep, my station was just recently informed all couriers are getting a 15% bump in pay starting next week and going through the beginning of January.

overflowed

Actually I
Yep. I've heard as much as 15 percent just for 2 or 3 months. I get to station had an extremely high turnover rate. Out of the kindness of their hearts.;)
The reason is, they are having a hard time hiring period. These are boom economy areas, and barely anyone is taking what's being offered.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Actually I

The reason is they are having a hard time hiring period. These are boom economy areas, and barely anyone is taking what's being offered.
The raise is for everyone in those stations. Not just new hires. It's also to keep drivers through peak not just attract new hires.

MAKAVELI

I know, just telling you the reason I heard .
Management will try to spin it to try and not look bad. There giving a majority of drivers 2-3% and then giving these select stations a big bonus for three months? It's a slap in the face to the rest of us. This is exactly why we need union representation.

Slick silver

So what happens after peak for these stations, they lose that raise. That would suck if that was the case. It would be like making $18 or what ever a hour then after peak going to $15 or so. That can't be legal to do, unless they get to keep it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

So what happens after peak for these stations, they lose that raise. That would suck if that was the case. It would be like making $18 or what ever a hour then after peak going to $15 or so. That can't be legal to do, unless they get to keep it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Remember it's FedEx. ;)

El Morado Diablo

Yep, my station was just recently informed all couriers are getting a 15% bump in pay starting next week and going through the beginning of January.

It almost sounds like a temporary market level increase. We've heard every excuse there is for not getting a market level increase at our location, including but not limited to turnover, attracting new hires, cost of living, etc, etc, etc.. No matter what they give as a reason for a market level bump we never seem to meet the requirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The raise is for everyone in those stations. Not just new hires. It's also to keep drivers through peak not just attract new hires.

Do the employees have to sign any paperwork agreeing to stay on through Peak in order to receive the raise? What happens if they leave early-----do they have to pay the raise portion of their checks back?

El Morado Diablo

It begins 10/12 thru 1/31.

It's only for couriers - CSA's don't get the raise.

The reason being given for the temporary raise is hiring & retention. We heard about a few stations in our district getting the raise. None of them are in areas where the economy is booming.