#fedexpride

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The message the company is sending is pretty clear, "We need you and are willing to pay for it during the most important time of the year for the company. We just aren't willing to pay you that wage for the rest of the year."

I totally agree. This is such a FedEx "solution"...a short-term "fix" for a long-term problem. The fact that they would even attempt such a sham speaks volumes about how effing cheap and unprofessional this sad-ass company really is.

Eff you, Fred, and may you choke on your money. Rat bastard :censored2:.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So in other words "we'll pay you what you're worth for those 3 1/2 months, then you'll go back to making chicken feed after that."

You suck big time Smith!

hypo hanna

You're getting back (some), of what they took from you with the hours cuts during the last quarter.

Here' a crazy idea, learn to manage the business without jerking the employees around.

FedexCares

You're getting back (some), of what they took from you with the hours cuts during the last quarter.

Here' a crazy idea, learn to manage the business without jerking the employees around.
My station had/has no hour cuts. You can work 60+ hours every week and have been able to for as long as I have been here. The bad thing about that is even if you don't want to work 60+ hours every week you get "drafted" into it anyways. Even most of our part-timers are working 50-60 hours per week if management can get it out of them.

Bankrupt

Wonder what the reaction will be at the stations that are excluded? Won't take long for the word to get around. At mine I expect nothing, I work with a bunch of spineless Kool aid drinkers, who will privately complain amongst each other but never bring up to management.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bankrupt

I wonder if they will be offerering this on an individual basis for those who put notice in to quit to try and persuade them to stay?

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if they will be offerering this on an individual basis for those who put notice in to quit to try and persuade them to stay?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pretty soon, there will be such an extreme shortage of couriers and RTDs that they'll have to pull something better out of Fred's ass than the brown matter usually offered. Peak is going to be an epic failure.

vantexan

Pretty soon, there will be such an extreme shortage of couriers and RTDs that they'll have to pull something better out of Fred's ass than the brown matter usually offered. Peak is going to be an epic failure.
Now that we're down to 3 real carriers and last Christmas was a cluster, doesn't it seem likely that if this Christmas is also bad that someone might see an opportunity to form another shipping company? 3 companies don't seem to be cutting it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now that we're down to 3 real carriers and last Christmas was a cluster, doesn't it seem likely that if this Christmas is also bad that someone might see an opportunity to form another shipping company? 3 companies don't seem to be cutting it.

I don't know about forming a new company, but this one is screwed for Peak, and I think they're finally figuring that out. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Serf

I got 54 cents on my raise. This is 24 cents more than I thought I was getting. :closedeye I am kind of a big deal now. Steak for dinner this week.

DontThrowPackages

Are you getting inspirational msg's on your power pad that end with #fedexpride? Seen a couple in the last two weeks, nearly died laughing. Must've got some consultant telling them to instill some sense of being part of something bigger in us. What's it called, esprit de corps?
Its just one more irritating message the driver needs to pull over and look at for fear it could be a 1 hour closers in an area being driven out of. Pain in the butt. Those messages should already be waiting for the driver before he/she logs on for the day so that he may "clear next" it before leaving the station.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Its just one more irritating message the driver needs to pull over and look at for fear it could be a 1 hour closers in an area being driven out of. Pain in the butt. Those messages should already be waiting for the driver before he/she logs on for the day so that he may "clear next" it before leaving the station.

These messages are a joke, and the only reason Dispatch sends them is that they are forced to do so. More evidence that upper management is totally out of touch and still relies on slogans and other weak ideas to "motivate" employees. How about some respect and better pay and benefits?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Well said MFE. Just more lazy tools for weak minds. Pretty much anything with a hashtag in front of it away from the Twitterverse is just a tired cliché...this being absolutely, positively no exception.

dezguy

Pft! I don't even pull over anymore. It can wait till my next stop. If I'm late to a pup, I'm late.

If they want to send :censored2: messages like "drive safe"(thank God they send me that message EVERYDAY, otherwise I'd forget and drive my truck like it's the Daytona 500, bump drafting that Corolla in front of me) then I'm just going to assume every beep I hear on my powerpad is going to be some waste of time like that.