Feeder Driver (Where to begin)

Johney

To be honest, it's real advice that a lot of package car drivers that go upstairs need to know about. I've seen my share of people in good shape go up and get FAT...
Yea I know just busting your balls. It's a lot harder than you think trying to keep the weight off. I myself am up 15 or so pounds and I barely eat during the week.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So hears the deal. I'm 44 and don't want to die behind the wheel of a truck at age 80, if I make it that long. I had a sweet local gig and in February I broke my ankle riding Motocross. My recovery took 5 months and my position was filled. No one to blame but myself but I'm not going to live life in fear. Anyway, is it worth it for someone like myself to start at the bottom? I'm currently running OTR but I'm home every other day. To be honest I hate it.

So, the question is. If I were to chase down this elusive feeder position is starting as a P/T package handler my only option. I'm considering USPS as a carrier also.

I've read a good deal on here so please go easy on me. I have over a million miles under my belt and most of these truck driving jobs are demoralizing at best.
if you "have read a good deal on here" you would already know the answer.

LeadBelly

Banned
Yea I know just busting your balls. It's a lot harder than you think trying to keep the weight off. I myself am up 15 or so pounds and I barely eat during the week.
I feel your pain brother. My metabolism has slowed with the onset of my 40's. Sometimes I think I could just keep within a 1,200 calorie diet to maintain.