Feeder Driver (Where to begin)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We've had a few loose ones over the years...
th

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Be quiet and eat another dozen of donuts
I got my xxxl oz. mug from loves truck stop... I ain't playing around here fool.. it's real trucker life... I'm thinking about picking up one of those black American eagle graphic shirts and an American flag do rag the next time I stop in there...I don't play around playboy!!

Poop Head

Judge me.
I got my xxxl oz. mug from loves truck stop... I ain't playing around here fool.. it's real trucker life... I'm thinking about picking up one of those black American eagle graphic shirts and an American flag do rag the next time I stop in there...I don't play around playboy!!
Lmfao!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I really don't know why they carry some of the stuff that they do but someone must buy it... I actually have looked at the walking canes they have ...could be used for a 5th wheel puller in a pinch, or a weapon at a rest stop, and I really like the ones with a metal skull for a handle...

Poop Head

Judge me.
I really don't know why they carry some of the stuff that they do but someone must buy it... I actually have looked at the walking canes they have ...could be used for a 5th wheel puller in a pinch, or a weapon at a rest stop, and I really like the ones with a metal skull for a handle...
I picture @Future with one of these, hobbling up and down driveways lol

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Was chatting with a feeder driver today briefly and he mentioned retiring soon. Told me UPS retirement is 40%. Said that would be 60k a year for him. He making 140k a year as a feeder?

That would be one of the higher paying mileage or sleeper runs. I know some sleeper guys on 5000 mile runs and they make about $125k a year. We have some mileage drivers who get 3000 miles a week, I've heard they are around $155k.

At your age you will most likely never see that type of run but many hourly guys on 5 day runs are right around $95k in my building. 4 day runs pay a little less but obviously have the extra day off.

JP1973

That would be one of the higher paying mileage or sleeper runs. I know some sleeper guys on 5000 mile runs and they make about $125k a year. We have some mileage drivers who get 3000 miles a week, I've heard they are around $155k.

At your age you will most likely never see that type of run but many hourly guys on 5 day runs are right around $95k in my building. 4 day runs pay a little less but obviously have the extra day off.

Assuming the 4 and 5 day runs are all OTR and not home daily?

JP1973

About a month ago I had a interview with freight. The equipment and facility in general didn't seem up to par compared to UPS. It was a city-driver position and I just couldn't get excited about it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Apply as a summer temp , see how you like the job , low man or a temp , you'll be workin odd hrs , now they know you and a possible foot in the door