Feeder meal break

1stgear

Any feeder drivers take a paid 25 minute break and a 6 minute meal consecutively to satisfy the 31 minutes off duty for HOS requirements? If so does dispatch give you :censored2: and write you up?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Any feeder drivers take a paid 25 minute break and a 6 minute meal consecutively to satisfy the 31 minutes off duty for HOS requirements? If so does dispatch give you :censored2: and write you up?

Our supplement sucks. Full-time gets a 10 minute break and the part-time people in the hub get zero minutes paid break.

I will occasionally take 10 and 21 if I'm pulling air loads back or the tractor needs to be back for a mileage run. We are always short tractors but they still want us to take a full hour meal which doesn't make sense to me.

barnyard

KTM rider
i have done it. I take the rest of my meal at the end of the day if I have not taken it all when I get to my home building.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
i have done it. I take the rest of my meal at the end of the day if I have not taken it all when I get to my home building.

They are constantly on us to take our hour meal but think it's fine, in certain instances, to call and beg us to take 30 minutes and get back ASAP. Sometimes it's late loads, sometimes it's to help with an extra pickup and sometimes they just need tractors for other drivers.

I have informed dispatch and my supervisors I will NEVER hurry back and finish my meal at the hub, so they usually don't say anything to me about not taking an hour every day. I also don't milk the clock like some of the other guys so that may be a reason as well.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The dispatcher could overrule the lunch break in my building. It's his discretion if it affects loads getting back or tractor assignments overlapping. In my 30 years in feeders, I skipped my lunch 98% of the time. I wasn't giving them an hour, I just worked a paid actual. This was before the mandatory 30 minute break from the DOT.

ManInBrown

Where do you guys work? I’m in the 177 and the hour meal in package and feeders was mandatory. If you didn’t take one every single day, there was a sheetstorm to deal with the next day. Only one time in my entire career did I not take a full hour. Years ago in package on XMas eve they told us just take 30 and bring it in.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why 31 minutes?
Because IVIS doesn’t count down to seconds. I always go 1 minute over to satisfy the 30. If you hit break and not meal here, you’re gonna catch hell. Don’t ever hit break here.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because IVIS doesn’t count down to seconds. I always go 1 minute over to satisfy the 30. If you hit break and not meal here, you’re gonna catch hell. Don’t ever hit break here.
The new ivis does log it down to the seconds. You can go to daily detail log and click the event, it will show you the exact minute and second you changed status.

Johney

I don't know I've never had a problem getting 30. If I hit MEAL at 1:00 right when it flips and clock back in at 1:30 and wait about 10 seconds it's never not told me when my 8 comes up I need to take a MEAL.