Feeder meal break

9.5er

How about the A-whole who spends so much time in the auto side of the car wash using a scrub brush to scrub with the brush even the treads of his twin screw tractor when all I want to do is drive in, push the button and drive through.
I’ll scrub the windshield to clean off the bugs, but that’s it. I’ve seen some guys wash every inch of the tractor. Too much like work for me. I got into feeders so I don’t have to work hard.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I pulled into the car wash I would always put some orange cones out to let folks know it was gonna be a while.

ManInBrown

I'm the only Feeder driver at UPS who hates talking on the phone...
Nah. I never talk on the phone. I did in the very beginning to get help from other drivers when I didn’t know where I was going. Once I learned everything I stopped. Those conference calls with 7 feeder drivers are nothing but a big circle jer k. Not interested. Rather listen to podcasts or music.

quad decade guy

Because IVIS doesn’t count down to seconds. I always go 1 minute over to satisfy the 30. If you hit break and not meal here, you’re gonna catch hell. Don’t ever hit break here.

You take 31 minutes because the IVIS counts to the second. It didn't use to. If you punch back in at 30 minutes, it probably won't show you took a mandatory 30 minute DOT break(unless you time the seconds together-exactly). I got burned on this exactly once because I always wanted that late other 30 minutes down the road. So now, I take something more than an hour-like 1:01, 1:02. Didn't use to....was always right on 1:00.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You take 31 minutes because the IVIS counts to the second. It didn't use to. If you punch back in at 30 minutes, it probably won't show you took a mandatory 30 minute DOT break(unless you time the seconds together-exactly). I got burned on this exactly once because I always wanted that late other 30 minutes down the road. So now, I take something more than an hour-like 1:01, 1:02. Didn't use to....was always right on 1:00.

You can also take 30 and 1 minute of break. You need to go directly to break from meal and it shows as continuous off duty time.

If I'm on a run that requires the full hour meal I take 10 of break and 21 of meal if I'm not planning to nap. That leaves me 39 uninterrupted minutes to nap on my last meal if I want to.

Johney

I never take 31 minutes and have never been burned on the DOT break. I hit meal right on the turn of the minute and wait about 10 seconds on the turn of 30 and haven't been dinged yet.

Scuderia

In package I only take you one 15 minute break in the day (whenever I get hungry). I save the lunch and the last 25 (we get 15–15-10 when working over 10 hrs)at the very end. Why? Because i gets me closer to 60 hours so I don’t have to come in on Saturday.

On a normal day I usually take my 1st break 3 hours in, lunch 5 hours in, and my 2nd break 7 hours in . Do 25 more stops and bring it in before my 9.5.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can also take 30 and 1 minute of break. You need to go directly to break from meal and it shows as continuous off duty time.

If I'm on a run that requires the full hour meal I take 10 of break and 21 of meal if I'm not planning to nap. That leaves me 39 uninterrupted minutes to nap on my last meal if I want to.
Half the time I would oversleep by a couple minutes anyway so it was a non issue for me.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
In package I only take you one 15 minute break in the day (whenever I get hungry). I save the lunch and the last 25 (we get 15–15-10 when working over 10 hrs)at the very end. Why? Because i gets me closer to 60 hours so I don’t have to come in on Saturday.

On a normal day I usually take my 1st break 3 hours in, lunch 5 hours in, and my 2nd break 7 hours in . Do 25 more stops and bring it in before my 9.5.

Breaks don't count towards HOS so it makes no difference when you take them during the day.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Breaks don't count towards HOS so it makes no difference when you take them during the day.
Its better to take them in the middle. That way, youll need to break off to do commercial savers (back when commits were a thing) thus putting you further behind than what you woulda been.