Recently? Or within my employment? They probably hate my guts bc me and the shop Stewart are really close and call them out on their crap a lot. Granted, I’m not filing grievances on sups working or anything. Just the typical 9.5s here and there. I did file an osha complaint that a sup instructed me to take a leaking hazmat back to a business and continue working in it. They also wrote me up for a misdelivery that went to the exact same building but two companies run out of it and share the same dropoff point for the packages. They wrote me up for that almost a month later than the date it was delivered then changed the delivery date in their system to a day I was out on workers comp.
Sounds like someone doesn't like you. Especially firing you at this time of the year.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No. The arguement we gave was if a business called and said they have nothing going out that day and you drove there, sheeted it up and never got up out of your seat would that be considered dishonesty?
you work for ups, they are always looking to fire people. They go especially hard after those who file a lot. Usually on things they would let other drivers slide on.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If the guard shack was empty when you arrived there, a statement verifying that fact would be the coup de grace to their termination case, as you would've had no other options. Maybe that's a regular break time for the guards?
If it were me, next time I'd be getting out and scanning a note on the shack door, but I know you're probably thinking that now too.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
For Pete’s sake, don’t do stupid :censored2: and you won’t get fired. All you had to do was call the office prior to sheeting it. If you don’t know by now that you shouldn’t sheet anything off location, then you deserve your holiday break. It’s not hard to remeber that you aren’t authorized to think for yourself, on the clock.

Xanosuke2

I am confused.
Are you telling us your termination letter is saying the package was delivered when you were out on Work Comp a month ago?
I was fired Monday and walked out for dishonesty for not properly attempting a delivery. I currently have a working termination letter for a mis delivery back in June, they wrote me up for that almost a month after I had delivered it. It was going to get thrown out bc they waited past the 10 day write up but a supervisor changed the delivery date to within 10 days of giving me the write up, which I was on workers comp the day they changed it to. That is the Ups I’m currently dealing with.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Monday morning I was pulled into the office, shop Stewart present, and was told I was being fired for an act of dishonesty. I had delivered to a business Tuesday of last week and couldn’t find a package for them. The receiver told me it was fine and to bring it the next day I delivered to them. I found the package later in the day and drove to the business after 4:00pm. In my experience, no one is there after 4:00, so I sheeted it up NI1. The receiver never called in a complaint or reported a missing package bc they got it the very next day. Supervisor decided to send security to the business bc it showed up as off area scan bc I had to sheet it up at the guard shack. That is when they said I was being dishonest bc I never went to the guard shack, yet experience with that business they’re never there after 4:00 and the receiver said bring it the following day. Supervisor said they have a 2nd and 3rd shift and I didn’t make an attempt to go to the guard shack. Other than getting a statement from the receiver stating it’s ok to bring it the following day, what else Can I do? To me this seems more failure to follow procedures than dishonesty...
Stuff happens. What did your sup tell you to do when you reported that you found the pk?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was fired Monday and walked out for dishonesty for not properly attempting a delivery. I currently have a working termination letter for a mis delivery back in June, they wrote me up for that almost a month after I had delivered it. It was going to get thrown out bc they waited past the 10 day write up but a supervisor changed the delivery date to within 10 days of giving me the write up, which I was on workers comp the day they changed it to. That is the Ups I’m currently dealing with.
thats 6 months ago

Xanosuke2

Stuff happens. What did your sup tell you to do when you reported that you found the pk?
I didn’t contact the sup when the package was found bc receiver said bring it next day. Of course if I did contact the sup I wouldn’t be having this problem now. No one contacts a sup when a business calls and says they have nothing for the day when they ride over to sheet them up as picked up, or if they don’t ride over at all. I’m not really trying to defend my actions as much as looking for advice on averting being permanently fired. I’m not the only one that does the business I sheeted up that way, just the only one getting spanked. It’s my own fault, but we’ve all been there.

Xanosuke2

thats 6 months ago
I know, just explaining why they are gunning for me so hard when someone asked if I had done anything in the past lol I know in Ups’ eyes we are all no good dirty lying slaves that need to run every stop and be back by 5 no matter what stop count we have and enjoy every second of it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wish I had an answer or you. Have you been in trouble before?
You and I both use to do worse things out there than this....they are trying to make a point to people with this technology....just do the job like you are supposed to.... go back and ask the guard to sign it.....if they say no then you are fine....don’t mske this job harder than it has to be!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I didn’t contact the sup when the package was found bc receiver said bring it next day. Of course if I did contact the sup I wouldn’t be having this problem now. No one contacts a sup when a business calls and says they have nothing for the day when they ride over to sheet them up as picked up, or if they don’t ride over at all. I’m not really trying to defend my actions as much as looking for advice on averting being permanently fired. I’m not the only one that does the business I sheeted up that way, just the only one getting spanked. It’s my own fault, but we’ve all been there.
Don’t trust the customers and don’t make any side deals with them....learn this now..

Faceplanted

I hope you filed harassment for the first discharge letter.

Your situation is exactly why drivers need to file harassment greviences when they are being targeted. I went through a year of being a target, got a discharge letter. Went to my hearing and hr saw the obvious pattern of harasssment.

Good luck.

JackStraw

Technically they can, but they can do it to a lot of drivers who have 12-1's known closed recorded away from the stop. They look the other way for that cause they don't want you wasting time and costing THEM by going back after 1. Total hypocrisy. Good Luck you'll get your job back. Be honest.