E

el blanco

can record a pkg. as missed anytime, anywhere, if you know you won't be able to make the delivery

Xanosuke2

Sheeting up a stop is really just up for interpretation and what your center tells you. Arguments can be made on all fronts but ultimately closed is the only one that’s strickly for businesses. What residential stop is closed? Lol NI1 would be only for residential stops if it made the stop automatically residential instead of asking you if it’s a business or residential. So since it still does after you sheet it up as such, then it can be used for both.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sheeting up a stop is really just up for interpretation and what your center tells you. Arguments can be made on all fronts but ultimately closed is the only one that’s strickly for businesses. What residential stop is closed? Lol NI1 would be only for residential stops if it made the stop automatically residential instead of asking you if it’s a business or residential. So since it still does after you sheet it up as such, then it can be used for both.

NI1 is strictly residential.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
NI1 is strictly residential.
What would you do if the business is open, but nobody is around to sign?

My example of Walgreens: they insist all deliveries are to be made in the back and refuse to sign for packages in the front (they get pissy about it). Go around back, ring the bell and wait... Three minutes pass, nobody. Run across the street and deliver another business, come back to Walgreens, still no one.

Rack em

Made the Podium

My example of Walgreens: they insist all deliveries are to be made in the back and refuse to sign for packages in the front (they get pissy about it). Go around back, ring the bell and wait... Three minutes pass, nobody. Run across the street and deliver another business, come back to Walgreens, still no one.
Will call

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our Walgreens used to be like this but have since changed their policy by allowing us to use the front door.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
YIKES

Getting fired during peak with no speedy termination resolution is like a Super Bowl team releasing their QB before the big game.
Good FN Luck, LOL

If they don't want or need you now, you're screwed !!

Xanosuke2

YIKES

Getting fired during peak with no speedy termination resolution is like a Super Bowl team releasing their QB before the big game.
Good FN Luck, LOL

They did the same thing with another driver last year. They use fear tactics to get employees to work harder. Fear of getting fired this time of year will make people work harder bc they dont want to be next. Bonus points when you can show that you’ll fire someone over something that isn’t dishonest.

watdaflock?

Monday morning I was pulled into the office, shop Stewart present, and was told I was being fired for an act of dishonesty. I had delivered to a business Tuesday of last week and couldn’t find a package for them. The receiver told me it was fine and to bring it the next day I delivered to them. I found the package later in the day and drove to the business after 4:00pm. In my experience, no one is there after 4:00, so I sheeted it up NI1. The receiver never called in a complaint or reported a missing package bc they got it the very next day. Supervisor decided to send security to the business bc it showed up as off area scan bc I had to sheet it up at the guard shack. That is when they said I was being dishonest bc I never went to the guard shack, yet experience with that business they’re never there after 4:00 and the receiver said bring it the following day. Supervisor said they have a 2nd and 3rd shift and I didn’t make an attempt to go to the guard shack. Other than getting a statement from the receiver stating it’s ok to bring it the following day, what else Can I do? To me this seems more failure to follow procedures than dishonesty...
You're being fired because peak is over and you are a horrible UPS driver.

Hope this helps.

YIKES

Good FN Luck, LOL

^tada

They did the same thing with another driver last year. They use fear tactics to get employees to work harder. Fear of getting fired this time of year will make people work harder bc they dont want to be next. Bonus points when you can show that you’ll fire someone over something that isn’t dishonest.
Welcome to UPS, grasshopper.