Fired for smoking weed at a party

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
That’s funny but unfortunately the rules don’t work that way. And the language in the contract is so broad, it just says it a supervisor thinks your high from observation (2 supervisors if available) you take a drug test. If you fail, you’re fired. If you refuse, you’re fired.

And weed stays in your system for a month. So someone could never smoke, go on vacation to colorado, smoke, come back home and be fired
I know the rules . Just saying if they are playing dirty, you have to. Never heard of someone getting fired for smoking weed at a party over the weekend. Is there more to this story? How much bad blood you got with this sup ?

Kingofthenorth

That’s funny but unfortunately the rules don’t work that way. And the language in the contract is so broad, it just says it a supervisor thinks your high from observation (2 supervisors if available) you take a drug test. If you fail, you’re fired. If you refuse, you’re fired.

And weed stays in your system for a month. So someone could never smoke, go on vacation to colorado, smoke, come back home and be fired
Weed stays in your system for UP to a month. Ie if you smoke an occasional joint it may only stay in your system for three days with an expensive test.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
If it’s illegal, don’t do it, period! You can get the same buzz from a beer. Just have a beer and leave that :censored2: alone and you can tell your supervisor to pound sand. Unfortunately they can drug test you whenever they want. It’s just not worth it.
He’s a :censored2:ing preloader, that’s why this story doesn’t make sense. He probably banged this dude’s GF at the party or something and it’s retaliation.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I hope you didnt quit and requested the head shop stew or speak to your BA first. At our hub before you take the test and you KNOW you are dirty you can request rehab...and you'll keep your job.

Check back .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
pointing-point.gif
Thief

Grey MIll

Get a med card if your in a legal state and say that they could be possibly breaching your hippa rights. Don't tell them specifically about the med card, be low key about it. If they do force you in my state you can sue them for discrimination upto 100 thousand.

UnionStrong

Get a med card if your in a legal state and say that they could be possibly breaching your hippa rights. Don't tell them specifically about the med card, be low key about it. If they do force you in my state you can sue them for discrimination upto 100 thousand.
A Med card after the fact won’t help

Grey MIll

I'd just like to say that our union is the first or one of the first union organizations that unionized a dispensary located somewhere in Florida sooo.

UnionStrong

I'd just like to say that our union is the first or one of the first union organizations that unionized a dispensary located somewhere in Florida sooo.
I don’t care if the teamsters organized a crack house, if a company has a policy against intoxication or drug use, and you’re caught, you’re gone.